Aussie Readers discussion

Our Authors Spotlight > Could I ask for some help please Aussie readers.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee Richie | 1 comments G’Day Aussie readers,
First, let me introduce myself to the group. I’m a reader and writer, living in the Southern Highlands of NSW. I have eclectic tastes in both reading and writing; I just love books.
I’m currently writing an Australian novel, set in western NSW during the 1950s, and need help with some feedback. I have posted in the beta readers group, but I’m desperate to find some Aussie readers to help with this.
The manuscript is currently at 90k words after several drafts and rewrites. If anyone would like to have a go at beta reading, please give me a shout, I would be forever grateful.
Set in the unforgiving landscape of the Australian outback, this is the sometimes harrowing, yet ultimately uplifting tale of a child’s search for happiness.
Katherine, a ten-year-old child migrant, is consigned to an austere life on an outback sheep station, where her story becomes entwined with that of Aboriginal station hands. In the years that follow, isolated from the ways of the world, she naïvely weaves a web of self-destruction, causing her to flee back to England. For almost sixty years Katherine has kept her past hidden; now she must relive those traumatic years and explain why she had to run.
The story delves into mixed-race relationships, and the injustice served out to children and families, black and white, in the name of child protection. Ultimately, it is a story of resilience, love, sacrifice and hope for future reconciliation.

message 2: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 577 comments It sounds like a good story, but sadly I am not from the wonderful land of Oz. Good luck!

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ideiosepius | 1824 comments Tentatively interested. Though I have never done any 'Beta reading' so I'm not %100 on what would be required.

message 4: by Wendy (last edited Apr 27, 2019 09:45PM) (new)

Wendy (wonderingwen) Sounds really interesting. I'm an Aussie currently living in Canada. Can I read it from the land of ice and snow?