The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Greetings from another newbie

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Hello,

This seemed like a good place to introduce myself! New to the group and relatively new to goodreads. I've been gradually filling up my "read" shelf as I remember books and authors, and plugging in dates if I can remember them too. I love having this visual of my "reading history", although it's not complete - I made the decision a few years back that I didn't want to buy any more book cases (I was moving too often), so I only keep books I really love and give away the rest - so I can't just look at my bookcases to see my reading history anymore!

I'm a lawyer, I live in Ottawa, Canada (other Canadians out there? ), live by myself with two cats, and also enjoy yoga, swimming, walking, etc. etc.

I have a feeling I won't be jumping into the challenges - it looks like a lot of work! - but I'm looking forward to the discussions about books!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10021 comments Mod
Loretta, welcome! I saw you over in the "me and my books" section and was happy to see you add a personal goal challenge too!

This group has tons of things to catch your fancy, we don't expect members to be able to or want to participate in every aspect of the group... find the things that appeal to you and get out there and have a blast!!

message 3: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Hi Loretta! I don't live in Canada but my older son does. He's been in Edmonton for the past 6 years. I'm in Florida. Talk about a whole different climate!

I haven't yet participated in the challenges here, either. But the group is super friendly, so I'm sure you'll love it.

message 4: by Marci (new)

Marci (iread49) | 215 comments Welcome Loretta!

message 5: by Kate. (new)

Kate. Hello ... Im new too and just getting started.I live in Australia.It's great to find GR to discuss books with like minded people(i drive my husband crazy with my book talk)

message 6: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Hi to both of you and Welcome!

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10021 comments Mod
Hi Kate, welcome to the group! Book talk -- yeah, we sure do alot of that here, dont we ???

:)