What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Librarian keeps/reads memories from holding skulls. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Read this book within the last few years from what I remember but I’ve no idea when it was actually written.

All I can remember is the man is in search of something/someone. It always seems to be winter and cold on his journey. Just before he’s lead to a “librarian” he’s staying with a man he doesn’t know who says something important to him.

The librarian does not keep books in this empty old town, but rather keeps memories which are read by holding skulls. I don’t think everyone can read them, but the man is capable of it.

He also makes a map to escape the walls of this town but has to do it in increasing portions. For some reason he can’t do it all at once.

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 56 comments Some of the plot sounds similar to Haruki Murakami's Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

SOLVED - End of the World is correct. Thank you so much!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry, End of the World sounds correct but I can’t find that book anywhere. So maybe that title isn’t quite right?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

SOLVED - Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murikami