Support for Indie Authors discussion

Marketing Tactics > Using Amazon Author Page

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Tissandier | 12 comments I used KDP to create my paperback. My book is only available via Amazon and a couple of local bookshops. I've set up an Author Page on the Amazon website, which includes a bio and some photos. What I'm wondering is this: would it be a good idea or a bad idea to include my email address and a link to my Facebook page (I only have a personal profile page) in my bio?

message 2: by Tomas, Wandering dreamer (new)

Tomas Grizzly | 672 comments Mod
Link to FB is something I don't see a problem in.
As for e-mail, I'd be VERY wary about putting it anywhere public because then spambots can see it. If you want to be in contact with your readers, I can see three ways that feel safer to me:
1) Goodreads 'Ask the author' for questions related to your books or writing
2) If you are active on FB, that could possibly work as a communication channel (can't say myself, I don't use FB, might be better to ask a writer who does)
3) have a website which often offers a 'contact form' - this does not display your e-mail directly and goes through a spam filter before a message is even sent to you and the person will only know your email address if/when you answer them.

Ofc, you can use all of the three above or choose just some. You can try any other way as well - I believe some people use Twitter, Instagram, and whatever else is there.

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly (twindawnpublishing) | 11 comments I set up an email through my website for my books. There is one for the publishing business and one for each of my pen names. Keeps my personal email from being out there but allows people the feeling of connecting to me in a private personal way

message 4: by John (new)

John Tissandier | 12 comments Thanks for your suggestions Thomas. The first one wouldn't work for me at this point: I only joined Goodreads about a week ago and have not managed to initiate any contact with readers so far.

Probably I should create a Facebook "page" just for my book, to keep people away from my personal life; or a dedicated website. I am only just realising how much work has to go into marketing...

message 5: by John (new)

John Tissandier | 12 comments Yes Molly I guess like you I should have several email addresses. So far I've managed to keep it down to one, to make my life simpler.

message 6: by Meena (new)

Meena Love | 10 comments Thanks for that, Tomas! I was wondering the same thing and it was helpful to see your reply. I made a different email for my author name.