2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder in Murray Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #16)
This topic is about Murder in Murray Hill
Murder in Murray Hill > Question O

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Do you think Grace, Rose and Joanna will maintain a relationship? Do you think they’ll succeed in moving forward with their lives?

Phrynne | 601 comments I think the way ahead for them would be very problematic. Grace and Rose both wanted to be married and I doubt that would ever happen now. And the trauma of the imprisonment must last a very long time.
Joanna is a double murderer. I know it was a just cause but to be able to do what she did....
I don't see happy futures for any of them.

message 3: by Jonetta (last edited Apr 07, 2019 08:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Neth ought to be very, very worried.

I think Rose and Grace might maintain a relationship. But, I think marriage was never in the cards for them and won’t be now. And, given what they went through, they’ll be okay with that.

Both women have strong support systems. They’ve got a shot.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments It just makes me angry that "unattractive" females seemed to have little hope to meet a man who would be more concerned with inner qualities than outward appearances.

Joanna will not cross paths with Rose or Grace, imho.

Perhaps Grace and Rose might form a closer bond and become friends. I would wish that for them.

I think you’re right about Joanna. She’s got a bleak future ahead of her. But, I think Rose and Grace will remain friends.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments Agree with everyone. Rose and Grace have went through a huge ordeal. Since there wasn't a whole lot of victim therapy back then, they may be able to help each other. They are both from the same class and it would made sense that they could build a friendship out of their shared circumstances.

Joanna is now a woman who is Neth's mistress. I'm not sure if she is posing as his maid so people don't talk, or why she is sometimes dressed as a maid. I doubt Grace or Rose would have anything to do with her even though they are grateful that she killed Milo and Andy which led to their rescue.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments All three will have to learn to live with the trauma of what happened to them.

Joanna has already made her own form of peace with it and I doubt she will have contact with the other two.

Grace and Rose have good support systems as Jonetta says, so I'm sure they will be alright. As to whether they will form a friendship, it depends on how they deal with the fact that they will remind each other of the worst time in their lives.