2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder in Murray Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #16)
This topic is about Murder in Murray Hill
Murder in Murray Hill > Question L

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
When, if ever, did you suspect Joanna of committing both murders? Did you have any other suspects?

Phrynne | 601 comments I didn't suspect her of both murders, but I didn't have any real suspects either!

I was suspicious of her from the onset because she ran from Neth’s house and didn’t return for awhile. I wasn’t sure she killed Andy but I was pretty certain she killed Milo...that is until Rose emerged as a potential suspect.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I was oblivious to Joanna as a suspect; don't ask me why. Maybe the bronchitis had something to do with gray cells connecting.

Charlene, she was gray as a character so it’s understandable. But that’s also the reason she hit my radar.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments At first I didn't think much about Joanna. She was one of Milo's victims and was glad that Neth took her in. She wasn't about to try to go back to her family. When she took off at the beginning of the book, I really didn't think anything of it.

I started looking at her when it became clear that Neth was the person who had showed up at Milo's house and was yelling at him. I remembered Joanna was very shocked that Neth had been trying to lure Maeve into his own home. I think she decided to cut off Milo's influence over Neth.

Andy's murder made even more sense to me when it became clear that he was going to blackmail various people. She didn't want any of this going public. When Frank decided that it had to be a woman who killed Andy, I figured neither Grace nor Rose would ever want to step foot back into that house. That left Joanna unless we were going to find another victim in the story.

Great deductions, Robin! I hadn’t thought about Grace & Rose never being an option.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I figured it out just before Sarah when I remembered that she had left the house after Livingston broke in.