2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder in Murray Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #16)
This topic is about Murder in Murray Hill
Murder in Murray Hill > Question K

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7658 comments Mod
Rose’s sister-in-law consults an attorney who advises them of a way for all three women to avoid prosecution. What did you think of the plan to have all three confess to the murders? Did you think it would work?

Phrynne | 605 comments I doubt it would work today because the police would do all their forensic stuff and find out who really did it! Given the state of the police at that time though it probably would have worked.

message 3: by Jonetta (last edited Apr 29, 2019 05:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7658 comments Mod
No way would it work today for all the reasons you state. But, I’ve seen a couple of Law & Order segments where it worked.

I knew it would work here because of the way the system operated. They would lose in court.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Agreed. I worried that all three would confess, however. That required trust and it was in short supply where the real killer was involved.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I worried too, Charlene. It would have been very easy for one of the women to back out and not make the claim...or claim that she saw one of the others kill Milo. They had to trust each other and that would not have been easy.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments It was a brilliant plan, but as you say, it wouldn't work today because of forensics.