2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder in Murray Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #16)
This topic is about Murder in Murray Hill
Murder in Murray Hill > Question D

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Milo sent his friend Vincent Neth in his stead for the trap Frank set up. Why do you think Milo became suspicious?

Phrynne | 601 comments I look forward to other people's ideas on this. It wasn't apparent to me why he did this.

I wish that had been revealed. Perhaps he got tipped off when all the clerks were gone.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Milo was trying to entice Neth to start his own lonely hearts scam; perhaps he expected to draw some gain from a former client of his?

It just seemed more than a coincidence that this ad would be the one he avoided.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I wondered about why he sent Neth instead of going himself. It wasn't clear.

I don’t think it was clear either.

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments Maybe he thought that Maeve's letter was too good to be true, and he got suspicious but at the same time he didn't want to miss on the opportunity in case it turned out to be genuine so he sent Neth instead of taking the risk in first person. Of course he must've thought Neth stronger than he really was, because I think that even without Joanna, Neth would've revealed Milo's whereabouts really fast if he got caught.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I agree with Guilia that he was suspicious of the letter. No idea what exactly tipped him off though, which is unfortunate.