Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Interview with Stephen King on Pet Cemetery

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Apr 08, 2019 02:34PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7792 comments This was a good interview in EW. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Pet Semetery is one Stephen King book I will never reread, it scared me that much. And you can forget about my seeing the movie EVER!

There are plenty of spoilers about the book/movie in this interview and one about Cujo that they give you a little warning about.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/03/29/pet-...

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14211 comments Thanks for the link Carol! This was a longer form of the interview that I read from the online EW magazine and it was great to have the additional content here.
You just have to love Stephen King! I am very unlikely to watch the new movie either. Once with the book and original movie was plenty for me.

message 3: by Jezzy (new)

Jezzy | 36 comments that was a good interview. it's nice to learn about authors on what they think before the movie adaptation will be released. even though I read a few SK books, The Shining & Pet Sematary are my faves. the scarier & more disturbing, the better! I enjoyed the yr1989 version, so i'm looking forward to the new film this month.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3589 comments The book was extremely disturbing to me and I didn't pick up another King for awhile after that. I never saw the original movie because of it and will not be seeing the new one either.

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Apr 08, 2019 02:36PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7792 comments Melodie wrote: "The book was extremely disturbing to me and I didn't pick up another King for awhile after that. I never saw the original movie because of it and will not be seeing the new one either."

Mel, you'll see from the interview that even SK thought it was disturbing. (Although he said he had fun writing it--what's up with that?!) He wasn't going to submit it for publishing but had one book left on a contract with Doubleday that he was desperate to get out of, so off it went.