flight paths discussion

Authors > Readings

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2245 comments renowned poets and scholars, preceded by a day of events at the Lillian Vernon Creative Writers House. Co-presented with NYU, co-sponsored with the PEN World Voices Festival. Free and open to the public.

Stay tuned for more special guests to be announced.

message 2: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2245 comments Join us for a reading by Yusef Komunyakaa and other renowned poets....see first comment for more details on this event on May 11

message 3: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2245 comments NYU Lillian Vernon House, 58 West 10th Street, New York, NY

message 4: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1217 comments That sounds exciting! I looked it up and Jenny Xie will be one of the readers. Also I love Yusef Komunyakaa.

Thank you for letting me know. May 22th should work for me and West 10th street is not a terrible trip (about 1-1 1/2 hours).

message 5: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2245 comments Yes! You lucky woman!

message 6: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2245 comments Today I outdid myself, for this is the writers festival in sechelt and I was able to score a ticket for Adam Pottle. The challenge was getting to the 9am session. Did I ever mention there's no bus service this far up and so I was on the road with my thumb out by 8 and just made it. I really wanted to hear his voice and it was splendid to get his autograph on my notes!
Then it was back on the road and made it back to Madeira Park for the free 2 hours of chamber music there.
Tomorrow Eden Robinson is sold out but I will be there to hear in the overflow area.

message 7: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2245 comments Ellie did you make it to Vernon street reading?

message 8: by Petra (new)

Petra | 779 comments I'm late in replying but I'm so happy you made it to the festival, Magdelanye!
Eden Robinson would be interesting to hear. I hope you made it to her session.
I'm not happy that you have to hitchhike, though. Makes me nervous.

message 9: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2245 comments Ellie wrote: "That sounds exciting! I looked it up and Jenny Xie will be one of the readers. Also I love Yusef Komunyakaa.

Thank you for letting me know. May 22th should work for me and West 10th street is not ..."

did you make it there?

message 10: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2245 comments i'd hitchhike around the world to be with Eden again.
Yes she is wonderful, and her laugh and hugs!

today this topic was red flagged so it certainly doesnt matter that you were late in replying. Flight Paths really is about pathways and a different way of moving through time. GR is sort of similar. We can be extremely moved by a review written years ago by someone we have never heard of, and that old review becomes part of our now.