Goodreads Developers discussion

bugs > reviews.list missing started_at and read_at *sometimes*

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Remy (new)

Remy Sharp (remysharp) | 3 comments I'm trying to write some software that uses your API, but I've noticed that sometimes data is missing.

When I get all the JSON for this particular review (of a book I read): https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... the JSON response is missing the started_at and read_at values, even though they're included in the actual review.

The JSON response can be seen here: https://gist.github.com/remy/cd1554f2...

I've seen this on other reviews and I can't see any pattern to this missing data (I've also tried re-saving the review and making minor changes to no avail).

message 2: by Remy (new)

Remy Sharp (remysharp) | 3 comments Still seeing the same problems and having to manually mess with the results to get the data right.

message 3: by Oleg (new)

Oleg Linkin (maledictus) | 60 comments Try to open ur review in browser and see was necessary dates set or not.

message 4: by Remy (new)

Remy Sharp (remysharp) | 3 comments Dates are set when viewing the Goodreads page.

As per details, the dates are missing when called via the API.

message 5: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenaho) | 2 comments I’ve noticed this too. Following.

message 6: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Reyes (glennreyes) | 1 comments I've noticed the same. The started_at and read_at values seem to update when updating the shelf on the book page itself (via the dropdown below the cover image). It's sorta uncertain since they should also be updated when editing the read/start date in the review page.

message 7: by rixx (new)

rixx | 3 comments This has been consistently broken ever since goodreads added the capability to read a book multiple times.

Please, goodreads developers (if you're still out there), please give us at least the last – or first, we don't care at this point – date_started and date_read in the API.