Play Book Tag discussion

The Boy in the Suitcase (Nina Borg, #1)
This topic is about The Boy in the Suitcase
Archive: Other Books > The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbol - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2050 comments Nurse Nina Borg is surprised at a phone call from Karin, a fellow nurse she has not seen in a long time. Karin and Nina meet for coffee and Karin begs Nina to collect a package from a locker in Copenhagen's train station. Although Nina feels there is something not quite right with the situation she agrees. What she finds is shocking: a suitcase with a small unconscious boy inside. Nina does not know what is the right thing to do. She is afraid to go to the police feeling they may just return the child to the people who left him there. Nina takes the child with her as she considers her options but when she learns of Karin's brutal murder she fears for her life as well as the boy's. Who put the boy in the locker? Unfortunately for Nina, the person responsible is now on her trail.

This was an intriguing mystery with a satisfying reveal but I was confused with the many characters and story lines. I did like Nina's character and how determined she was to protect this child. There was a strange epilogue that didn't make any sense to me; maybe it is a lead in to the next book? I'm so confuddled.

Booknblues | 5305 comments I love this series. I think there are only four or perhaps 5 books.

Nina is a great character. I don't remember the epilogue because it has been some time since I read it, but I suspect that it is a lead in to the next book.

Ellen | 2050 comments I did this one as an audio (than goodness, because there are some unbelievably complicated names and locations that I would not have a clue how to pronounce) so maybe the epilogue is more separate on paper. All of a sudden I was hearing about someone named Natasha and there wasn't a Natasha in the book. I would definitely try the next one.

Booknblues | 5305 comments Ellen wrote: "I did this one as an audio (than goodness, because there are some unbelievably complicated names and locations that I would not have a clue how to pronounce) so maybe the epilogue is more separate ..."

I hope you do. I found them all to be compelling reads.

Theresa | 6059 comments I have read them all out of order, but liked them all a lot. The best I found was the second in the series Invisible Murder. I still have the 4th and last to read...soon.

Booknblues | 5305 comments Theresa wrote: "I have read them all out of order, but liked them all a lot. The best I found was the second in the series Invisible Murder. I still have the 4th and last to read...soon."

I thought I was reading them in order but somehow the second ended up out of order with me. I really loved the Nina Borg character and was sad that they didn't continue, but I expect it is difficult to collaborate in writing.