Houston County Public Library discussion

Welcome! > Welcome! Please introduce yourself. (Read this first)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise (new)

Denise | 60 comments Mod
This is the place where we would love for you to introduce yourself to the group! I will go first. My name is Denise and I am one of the moderators. I am a mother of four, the Children's Librarian here at the Houston County Public Library, and a pastor's wife. I LOVE to read a variety of genres, but really enjoy Christian Romance and Amish Romance.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Barker | 2 comments My name is Melissa and I am wife of 31 years, mother of one grown daughter and a new Grandmother. I am the Houston County Archivist and Records Manager and Professional Genealogist. I love books but don't get enough time to read them. My genre is non-fiction with an emphasis on American history and biography. I am looking forward to being part of this group!

message 3: by TRenee (last edited Apr 05, 2019 05:39PM) (new)

TRenee | 100 comments Mod
Hi everyone! I'm Renee...wife of 20 years with 5 grown children & 6 grandchildren. I work as a desk clerk for the Houston Co. Public Library & I'm very active in our Friends of the Library organization.
I read my first book when I was around 4 & have been a book junkie ever since! I read across all genres & I have a book, ebook, and/or audiobook with me at all times!
I'm so excited to be a part of this group & looking forward to sharing with everyone! :)

Special Thanks to Denise for creating an awesome group space so we can connect with each other! :)

message 4: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn Watson (scrubbie) | 5 comments Mod
Hi I am Kaitlyn! I am a wife and a mother of one amazing little boy and one of your mods. My inbox is always open of anyone who has questions or would like some help.

I am a very techy person and love reading when I get the chance. Since my little one is only 9 months right now I will be including alot of our reading on my stuff for those mommas out there who would like some book ideas.

I would like to take the time to encourage anyone and everyone to find their love for reading. Slow or Fast. Big books or small ones its all amazing!

message 5: by Luca (last edited Apr 09, 2019 05:55PM) (new)

Luca Raby | 14 comments Hi my name is Luca! I go to Rossview Middle school and play the euphonium. I have 2 sisters and love to read fiction books. I'm in 6th grade, and in band and choir

message 6: by Jadyn (new)

Jadyn Adams | 8 comments Hi my name is Jadyn! I am 10 years old and in fourth grade. I am homeschooled and I love to read. I have two sisters and one brother.
I mostly like to read fiction books, but sometimes I read non-fiction books about animals. My favorite book series is the seven wonders.

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 4 comments Hi my name is Chris. I am married with 5 children and 6 grandchildren. I am passionate about my faith in God and my family. I’m not a die hard reader but I enjoy reading biographies particularly about thrash metal bands and historical figures. I am currently serving on the Houston Country Library Board of Trustees and a member of the Houston County Friends of the Library.

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Schultz | 2 comments Hi Y’all! My name is Jamie Schultz. I recently moved to TN from Buffalo, NY about 2 years ago with my husband, father in law, and my 3 year old son. I also have two daughters (19 and 16) and two step daughters (22 and 5). I love books and am excited to join the group! I work full time in Nashville and also attend Nashville School of Law so sometimes I run out of “me time” to read for pleasure but I try and squeeze in a few minutes :) nice to meet you all!

message 9: by Denise (new)

Denise | 60 comments Mod
Nice to meet you Jamie!!! Welcome!

message 10: by TRenee (new)

TRenee | 100 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Jamie!
We love connecting with fellow readers...we're a fairly eclectic bunch so just jump right in!
If your schedule permits we're all getting together this Saturday at the Coffee House around 10am & would love it if you could join us :)