Emergency Contact Emergency Contact question

Not sure why I could not connect
Surabhi Kaushik Surabhi Apr 04, 2019 07:17PM
I picked up this book because I saw Nicola Yoon talking about it in one of her interviews. I loved both of Nicola Yoon's books and had a high expectation for Emergency Contact. Somehow, I never connected to the story line and could not like any of the characters. Not sure why.

I would loved to hear if others felt the same way too?

It did take me a bit at first to get into but by the time I could get into it I loved it. However, I never read her other books which I will look forward to searching about it now that I know she has other books.

Surabhi wrote: "I picked up this book because I saw Nicola Yoon talking about it in one of her interviews. I loved both of Nicola Yoon's books and had a high expectation for Emergency Contact. Somehow, I never con..."

No I definitely understand where you're coming from! I felt like the plot was kind of weak and not a lot happened? I liked the idea of the book, but I didn't become very invested in any of the characters. The very end of the book when they meet up in her dorm felt too anticlimactic. I wanted like sparks and fireworks for when they finally got together. It was definitely cute, but I think I just hyped it up too much in my head and was expecting more. I think I gave it like a 3.5 star rating. Ugh. Cute story cute characters, I just wasn't emotionally invested.