Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Overflowing Bookshelf Challenge > Hailee's Bookshelf is Literally Overflowing 2019 Edition

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments I'm just using this challenge so that I can make monthly goals on what I plan to read each month and tick them off. Hopefully it'll give me extra incentive 😅

message 2: by Hailee (last edited Apr 30, 2019 02:32PM) (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments April Reading Goals

I pledge to read at least 7 books this month:

1. Tyrant's Throne
2. Rainy Days
3. The Rainbow Promise
4. Eldest
5. Shadows and Strongholds
6. Ruin (carrying over into May)
7. The Tea Dragon Society

Other books read:
Saga, Vol. 3

message 3: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Good luck! :)

message 4: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Virginie wrote: "Good luck! :)"

Thanks 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1337 comments Yay! 2 down!! 😊💕🌸

message 6: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5020 comments Well done Hailee! Did you like Tyrant's Throne?

message 7: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Well done Hailee! Did you like Tyrant's Throne?"

I loved it so much. Probably my favourite of the series. I cried so much during this 😭😭😭

message 8: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Yay! 2 down!! 😊💕🌸"

Haha thank you. I'm doing the O.WLs Magical Readathon this month so I'm reading super quickly so I can pass as many exams as possible 😍

message 9: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4417 comments Mod
Good luck, Hailee! :)

message 10: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Jenna wrote: "Good luck, Hailee! :)"

Thank you :-)

message 11: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments So I've wrapped up what I read in April (see message 2).

message 12: by Hailee (last edited May 29, 2019 01:00PM) (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments May Reading Goals

1. Ruin (currently reading)
2. Circe
3. The Priory of the Orange Tree (put back on shelf for later)
4. Brisingr (currently reading)
5. Once & Future
6. Crown of Feathers
7. The Painted Man (moved to July)

Other books read:
The Straight Guys series by Alessandra Hazard starting with Straight Boy (total pages in series: 1818)

message 13: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5020 comments Hailee wrote: "
7. The Painted Man"

Yaaaay! ❤️

message 14: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Hailee wrote: "
7. The Painted Man"

Yaaaay! ❤️"

Haha I know. I can't believe it's finally happening!!!! ;-)

message 15: by Hailee (last edited Apr 30, 2019 02:56PM) (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments By the way if anyone is interested in buddy reading Once and Future or Crown of Feathers let me know I'll be starting them near the middle of May.

message 16: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments I have just updated message 12 with my reading progress for May since the next two days probably won't change anything).

Its a bit of a mess since I only completed one of the 7 books I set out to read. However one buddy read has been rearranged and I've decide to put The Priory of the Orange Tree back on my shelf for now since I'm overwhelmed with books at the moment and want to read it when I have a bit more time to dedicate to it. I would have done this before now but I didn't want to give up the extra buddy read points but hopefully other people who didn't join this time will want to buddy read it later.

Now I just have to create my list of books to read in June and hopefully stick to it this time.

message 17: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7570 comments Hailee wrote: "I have just updated message 12 with my reading progress for May since the next two days probably won't change anything).

Its a bit of a mess since I only completed one of the 7 books I set out to ..."

I would like to BR the Priory of the Orange Tree, and I think Charlie would too. How is your August or September? :)

message 18: by Hailee (last edited May 29, 2019 01:26PM) (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Definitely can't do August but September should be ok.

Say anytime from the 5th September onwards... :-)

message 19: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7570 comments Somehow I have two reads starting on the 1st already, so can we say mid month? 14th/15th ish?
I'll check with Charlie too! :)

message 20: by Hailee (last edited May 29, 2019 01:45PM) (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Yep that is fine by me.

I only have The Desert Spear booked in mid month so I'm open to adding another and if Charlie is free that will give us 6 weeks to get it read before the 31st October deadline...

message 21: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7570 comments Would the 10th be OK? Charlie is going on holiday late September so would rather start a bit earlier to hopefully get it finished. :)

message 22: by Hailee (last edited May 29, 2019 02:40PM) (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Siobhan wrote: "Would the 10th be OK? Charlie is going on holiday late September so would rather start a bit earlier to hopefully get it finished. :)"

Yep. 10th is good :-)

I'll add it to my tracker. Do you want to ask for the thread or shall I?

message 23: by Hailee (last edited Jul 02, 2019 09:02AM) (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments June Reading Goals

1. Ruin (currently reading)
2. Brisingr
3. Inheritance (currently reading)
4. Impulse & Initiative: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (currently reading)
5. Red, White & Royal Blue (moved to July during The Reading Rush Readathon)

Starting but not finishing:
6. A Game of Thrones (started)

message 24: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7570 comments Hailee wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Would the 10th be OK? Charlie is going on holiday late September so would rather start a bit earlier to hopefully get it finished. :)"

Yep. 10th is good :-)

I'll add it to my trac..."

I don't mind doing it :) will go find the thread now!

message 25: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7570 comments Requested now! :)

message 26: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Great thanks!!

message 27: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Good luck, Hailee! I do the same in my overflowing challenge with keeping track of monthly reads (though I'm failing my May challenge pretty badly 😅)

Also, love that you've got Red, White & Royal Blue on your June list, it's definitely on my TBR as well!

message 28: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Kathrine wrote: "Good luck, Hailee! I do the same in my overflowing challenge with keeping track of monthly reads (though I'm failing my May challenge pretty badly 😅)

Also, love that you've got [book:Red, White & ..."

Thanks yeah I failed my May challenge as well. Still that means we can only do better in June I suppose 🤞🏻.

I'll be reading Red White and Royal Blue roughly mid-month to give me a bit of break from the heavy the fantasys I'll be in the middle of. If you want to/have time to buddy read it let me know 😊

message 29: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Hailee wrote: "Thanks yeah I failed my May challenge as well. Still that means we can only do better in June I suppose 🤞🏻.

I'll be reading Red White and Royal Blue roughly mid-month to give me a bit of break from the heavy the fantasys I'll be in the middle of. If you want to/have time to buddy read it let me know 😊"

Yes, hopefully June will be a bit better :D

I'd love to but I probably won't have time :( I'll let you know if my schedule changes though, I'd really love to read it with you (I also really need a break from all the fantasy I've been reading)

message 30: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Sure let me know 😁. Yep I definitely get more slumps if I don't have at least a couple of different genres in my tbrs. I think thats where I went wrong in May which was why I went off the rails and devoured a nine book m/m romance series instead of my planned buddy reads lol.

Good luck in your June reading!!

message 31: by Kathrine (new)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Hailee wrote: "Sure let me know 😁. Yep I definitely get more slumps if I don't have at least a couple of different genres in my tbrs. I think thats where I went wrong in May which was why I went off the rails and..."

Haha, I can relate to that xD

Thanks, and good luck to you too!! :D

message 32: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments I've edited message 23 with my progress through my predicted reads in June. As in May I did poorly. Life has just been super hectic in this month and reading has just had to take a back seat as a result. Hopefully July will be better.

message 33: by Hailee (last edited Jul 28, 2019 07:48AM) (new)

message 34: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments I forgot to add The Painted Man and The Warrior Heir to my list. I better have a better reading month in July as I'm falling further and further behind lol!!

message 35: by Hailee (last edited Aug 10, 2019 01:31AM) (new)

message 36: by Hailee (last edited Oct 09, 2019 12:34PM) (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments August Reading Goals

I pledge to read at least 9 books this month:

These are the books I have to complete for the NEWTs Readathon as a minimum requirement for my career path:

1. Peter Darling
2. Spellslinger
3. The Unhoneymooners
4. Animal Farm
5. The Gilded Wolves
6. Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
7. Cloaked in Shadow
8. Red, White & Royal Blue
9. My Favourite Half-Night Stand

These books are the extra's I would like to complete for the readathon if there is time (overly ambitious much lol). Listed in order of priority:

1. Recursion
2. Cursor's Fury
3. The Black Mausoleum
4. Bluebells in the Mourning
5. The Sacred Vault
6. The Game
7. All About Passion
8. Prince Charming

message 37: by Hailee (last edited Nov 12, 2019 01:20PM) (new)

Hailee | 2393 comments Tentitive TBR for the rest of the year

Buddy Reads
Unveiled
Sorcery of Thorns
NOS4R2 (currently reading)
The Desert Spear

Non Buddy Reads
Wayward Son
The Girl on the Liar's Throne
Wrath (currently reading)
Splendid
A Lie for a Lie