Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Help Please! 3 Versions of My Book on Goodreads

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denna (new)

Denna Davis (dennamdavis) | 5 comments Somehow, my book was added 3 different times, and now I can't really update any of them--or delete! This is the first book of my series and Book 2 is coming out really soon (4/21). So, I need to resolve this. The ISBN is 978-1518756337, (which is the #3 item below), but this is the one that is NOT under my author profile. And I can't add it as "my book" because it's somehow added by someone else or some other way.

Item #2 is the very old first version, it can be DELETED. It doesn't let me...

Item #1 has the reviews...which I'd like to move to #3, so that I can KEEP #3 with the reviews and the correct ISBN, so that I can also add my book 2 when it's ready...(4/21)

1. Emaji Nation: The Sparrow
2. Emaji Nation: The Sparrow
3. Emaji Nation: The Sparrow: Book One

Please, please, please help!
Thx,
dmd

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16340 comments GR does not delete older editions but I combined them all so they will only show once on your profile. There does appear to be a Kindle edition without an ASIN; if that is a duplicate it can be merged (deleted).

message 3: by Denna (new)

Denna Davis (dennamdavis) | 5 comments Yes, there is a physical book with ISBN and a ebook with ASIN. Ah, I see what happened there.

Can you merge to the physical copy (ISBN)?

Also, will I be able to update/edit this once it's done? The title is reading weird.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, BTW!!!
dmd

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
I merged the only edition lacking an ISBN or ASIN. The 3 remaining editions all need to remain. https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

The titles are now correctly formatted as per Goodreads policy.

message 5: by Denna (new)

Denna Davis (dennamdavis) | 5 comments Hmmm...the wording here is a little confusing. What do you mean by "3 remaining" editions?

1. Paperback
2. Kindle Edition
3. Old version (Kindle, I think...)

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
Try viewing the page in expanded view: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

message 7: by Denna (new)

Denna Davis (dennamdavis) | 5 comments LOL! No, I meant there are only 3 editions. You said the "3 remaining" editions, as if there were more than 3. Are you seeing more than 3?? If so, we need to clean that up too..

Thx,
dmd

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16340 comments The three other than the erroneous Kindle edition that was merged (deleted).
It may take a day or two for it to disappear completely.

message 9: by Denna (new)

Denna Davis (dennamdavis) | 5 comments Awesome!! Thank you guys so much. Final question...how do I drop off all these notifications? LOL! Right now, I don't even see notifications from other things because my box is full with every topic in the Librarians group.

Thx again!
dmd