Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Who did you originally think was going to play the cast...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aj (new)

Aj | 40 comments i didn't really imagine the ppl in the books like that....but i am very happy with their choices!!!!

message 2: by Cary (last edited Aug 23, 2009 05:57AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) Well I didn't really give it much thought. What first interested me in the show was that award winning actress Anna Paquin was playing Sookie, and Nelson Ellis was playing Lafayette. When I saw they were using actors of that calibre. I got real interested in seeing the show. I was not dissapointed either. The choice for Eric did and Bill I thought was good. I like Anna as Sookie. Only book sookie is a little more busty. In the book Lafayette is a sterio type drag queen. Skinney effiminate, and colorful in a queeny type of way. I loved the way they changed Lafayettes character to a permanent one in the story, as well as changing him from the sterio type drag queen to more what drag queens are really like. They have just as wide a range of personalities as straight people. Lafayette in the TV show happens to be an AC/DC sex bomb. Strong and tough as well as demonstrated in Aids Burger clip. I like all the characters in the TV series. I am growing weary of Marryanne however. I long to see her taken down. But I thought she was cool at first.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments I didn't really try to imagine what actors. I hoped they would stick to mostly lesser-knows of high quality. And so far I haven't been disappointed.