Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > It's on the tip of my brain...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
But I just can't think of the name of the book or the author! It's driving me crazy!

I'm reading about Roland Barthes' Mythologies and this led me to a not so distant reading of someone else's theory of modern mythology. His name is somehow Native American sounding (Ironhorse? Nightshade?) and he's written extensively on our modern foundational belief system being little more than a matrix of myths.

Who am I thinking of? Please, please help me scratch this mental itch. I'm going insane!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments You're not thinking of Joseph Campbell are you, Sally?

The Power of Myth

message 3: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Is it Chief Leon Shenandoah? He wrote To Become a Human Being The Message of Tadodaho Chief Leon Shenandoah.

If not, I'd like to know too... I love that kind of stuff. :)

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Thank you Jackie! Yes!

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie (angabel) It's fascinating the way the brain works. I was trying to tell my brother how one of Vonnegut's characters is sort of himself and I went, "His name starts with a T... Trevor? Travis? No... Why am I thinking of a fish all of a sudden?... OH! TROUT! Kilgore Trout!" My brother had a good laugh at me.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Something fishy there.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.