Gaston Library discussion

Monthly Reading Wrap Ups > March 2019 Monthly Reading Wrap Up

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 259 comments Mod
Hello everyone! Spring is officially here it’s time for another reading wrap up!

This month I read…

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving- This was the LCBC book of the month. This first half of this book is rough, I mean like slog through it rough. I’m telling you though, the rest of the novel is worth the effort of getting through the beginning. I didn’t expect this book to turn around or to even remotely like it, but the last half of the book was SO good I even gave the overall book a 4 out of 5 stars.

A Sucky Love Story: Overcoming Unhappily Ever After by Brittani Louise Taylor- I’ve followed Brittani and her story on YouTube, and wanted to get the details of her story. This is a memoir account of an abusive relationship that many of her subscribers watched play out in videos. It’s a very interesting story, and having more details it was interesting to go back and watch her videos from this time. If you haven’t heard of Brittani or her story before you may not like this book though.

What did you read this month? Be sure to share down below!

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Kendall (new)

Kendall | 58 comments Mod
So I forgot to post what I read in February, and it was Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. It was wonderful! If you enjoyed A Man Called Ove or The Rosie Project then this is a must read. I loved the main character. She has some strict guidelines about behavior for herself and holds others to her high standards. She is flawed, but still relatable. Her unique perspective is often funny, although she is completely serious. Eleanor's story will make you laugh, but there is a depth to her history that is sad at times. It is a lovely story that touches on personal growth, friendship, and the intensity of loneliness.

This month I listened to the audiobook, To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. It is just fun, light, romantic young adult chick lit. It was the perfect book for me in the moment. If you like YA love stories, this one is sweet.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 259 comments Mod
Kendall,
I've been meaning to put Eleanor Oliphant on my to read list, I'll have to do that now! I enjoyed To All the Boy's I've Before too. It's great for you just need something light to read.