YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

April's Fools
This topic is about April's Fools
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > April's Fools, by Ivy Asher and Raven Kennedy - beginning April 8th, 2019

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer | 3551 comments We were Army Rangers, the best of the best.
And then one day, everything that we worked so hard to become was ripped away.
Now, we’re in some podunk town, trying to find a sense of normal amongst the crazy, and learn how to live again.
That gets a hell of a lot harder to do when a virus spreads mercilessly across the country, killing 85% of the people who contract it.
In the midst of the panic, we’re tasked with one last rescue mission.
It’s just our luck that the fool we’re rescuing doesn’t believe that the world as we know it is actually ending.
Looks like the apocalypse is about to get real interesting.

This is a stand-alone Reverse Harem Romance. This book is intended for readers who are 18+ due to strong language and graphic sexual content.

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Free on KU at the moment.

Kelly | 1373 comments I just saw this and grabbed it! I will be reading it soon :D

Kelly | 1373 comments I loved Raven Kennedy's series (Heart hassle) so I hope I'll love this one. I haven't read anything by Ivy Asher but her books are in my TBR :)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Kelly wrote: "I loved Raven Kennedy's series (Heart hassle) so I hope I'll love this one. I haven't read anything by Ivy Asher but her books are in my TBR :)"

Right!! Emelle is my freakin gurl! I can't wait to start this. I'm desperately trying to finish up some other things I can start asap!

message 6: by Kelly (last edited Apr 06, 2019 02:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly | 1373 comments 48% I'm loving it so far! I decided to fall asleep at 5:30 in the morning after reading half of it and even then I could have kept reading xD. I kinda have a theory about this book but I don't really want to talk about it yet! We'll see if I'm right or not when I'll finish this book. I'm so sad there's only one book but so far I'm confident the authors will tie up everything nicely.

message 7: by Kelly (last edited Apr 06, 2019 02:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly | 1373 comments However I can see why not everyone will love the FMC but I don't really have a problem with her being annoying.

Kelly | 1373 comments Finished - I really liked it. I'm not sure how to rate it 4 or 5 stars. If I hesitate then it's probably a four ^^(view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Ch 3 (13%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 6 (25%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 12 (51%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 17 (76%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - uh?? (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Opening chapter-kind of odd start but hints at interesting events. Not sure how interested I am in the main character at the moment.

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Up to ch6. Saw that. Wonder what the return will have in store.

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I have so many one liners to post lol! I'll get my comments up after taking all the kids to school!

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Up to ch16. Got a bit caught up in this-easy quick read. Kind of sidetracked by the fact they’re out in the wild and there’s no sign of anyone else/the virus. It’s really bugging me, but at least they’ve found a way to pass the time.

message 14: by Manicky (new) - added it

Manicky pewa | 2 comments just started with it but so far, i am liking everything about it just can't wait to go deep in it.

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Up to ch21. Seriously! This is beyond crazy...

message 16: by Karen (last edited Apr 11, 2019 06:52AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Finished. Seriously, wtf? Can’t even begin to think this was anything other than a wind-up. Enjoyable, but not for the reasons the author’s intended!

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Chapter 5: (view spoiler)
Chapter 6: (view spoiler)
Chapter 7: (view spoiler)

Kelly | 1373 comments Agreed with the ridiculousness. It's so funny and entertaining. I love it. I'm probably going to read every book that she'll publish :)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Finished: Lol Dharla! I freaking love her. (view spoiler)