Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Key of Light (Key Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Key of Light
Book Discussions > Key of Light (Key Trilogy #1) - April 2019 Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5593 comments Mod
The pleasure of your company is desired for cocktails and conversation. 8 pm, 4th September. Warrior's Peak.

When Malory Price is issued with the above invitation she is naturally suspicious, especially as Warrior's Peak is a local mansion straight out of a Hollywood movie. But with her overdraft at crisis limit and on the verge of losing her job at a local art gallery, she has little to lose by attending the event.

Only Malory is about to get more than she bargained for. At Warrior's Peak she finds that she and two other women are the only guests of their mysterious hosts. They are told an amazing story of magic, gods and goddesses; and of three demi-goddesses who have been cast into an eternal sleep, their mortal souls placed under lock and key. And in every generation, three women are born who alone have the power to free them - if they are prepared to accept the challenge.

Three women. Three keys to find. If one fails, they all lose. If they succeed - money, power and a new destiny awaits. It will take more than intellect, more than determination. They will have to open their hearts, their minds, and believe that everything is possible.

It’s been quite a few years since I read this book!

Anyone planning to read it this month?

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 541 comments Just finished it. Each time I read it the more I love it

Kate (katemaree86) | 35 comments I finished the book this morning and its as good as i remember.

Nikki ♥ | 283 comments I plan on starting it next week.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Smith | 1 comments Hands down one of my favorite trilogies by NR. Each character is unique, the storyline is well written, and it’s just plain fun to read.

message 7: by Anita (last edited Apr 03, 2019 03:47PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1207 comments I'm in. I love the oldies and this one sounds delightful. I own the trilogy as e-books look forward to reading them with the group.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 324 comments I have it on hold from my library. But I also noticed that Susan Ericksen narrates this series. So I'm definitely getting the audios.

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 541 comments Karen if you have a kindle I can loan both the book and audio kick need your kindle's address

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 671 comments Mod
I am definitely going to re-read this series. I'm starting this book over the weekend - probably Saturday.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 324 comments Barbara "Cookie" wrote: "Karen if you have a kindle I can loan both the book and audio kick need your kindle's address"

Thanks! I just sent you my email by PM.

message 12: by Karin (new)

Karin (karinaw) | 1 comments Key of Light was my first Nora. I was working as a library assistant while at university and was processing it as a return when I noticed that it had been taken out almost every month since it had been in the library!

It was one of my first, too, Karin. Love your story💜

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 62 comments I still have all three books in this set on my bookshelf. This will be a nice re-read.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 324 comments Believe or not, I've never read this series. I got the audio by the fantastic Susan Ericksen. Starting today.

I thought I had read this book and that this would be a re-read for me. I was wrong. This was a first time read for me as I didn't recognize any of the story.

Overall I like the book a lot but Malory was kind of a flat character for me. I'm not entirely sure why. I am looking forward to Dana and Zoe's stories a lot, lot. Flynn I liked and Moe was adorable!

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 324 comments I'm listening to it now and I have to agree, Sheery. I think Malory's character doesn't have the usual substance that NR's characters have. I am enjoying all the other characters however.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1207 comments I know this was an older book, but I just don't like how they all get paired up right from the start. It would have been nice if there were more interaction before they get mated for life. Just my pet peeve. I also found it slow and ponderous filled with metaphorical and esoteric stuff. Lots of space filled, but little action.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 324 comments I agree, Anita. I gave it 3.5 stars.

Anita, I like how Zoe gives Brad a hard time, though. She doesn't seem like she's going to just accept being paired up for the sake of pairing up. Especially since she has Simon to think of.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 324 comments I really liked Zoe. To me, she seemed a character that really will add to the story. It's true that she will have to take her son into consideration when starting a relationship.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1207 comments Yeah, Zoe didn't seem to keen on Brad. I'm hoping the next book is better.