A Stitcher's Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > What'd you read in April?!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eden (last edited Apr 12, 2019 01:07PM) (new)

Eden | 746 comments Mod
This is where you can comment what you read this month!

PLEASE include title AND author in your comment :)

We read a ton last month! Let's do it again!

Noah's Ark by Andrew J. Morgan The Poppy War (The Poppy War, #1) by R.F. Kuang Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris Mortal Engines (The Hungry City Chronicles, #1) by Philip Reeve

message 2: by D.Ann (new)

D.Ann | 4 comments I finished Noah’s Ark by Andrew J. Morgan. Long story short, it was a disappointment. The storyline had potential but the writing needed help...and possibly a more thorough editor.

Tonight I’m starting Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris. Still in progress is The President is Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson. My current audiobook is Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. But that one is temporarily on hold as I’m currently recovering from surgery so I don’t have my daily two hour commute going to and from work.

message 3: by Eden (new)

Eden | 746 comments Mod
Updated to here!

message 4: by Keri (new)

Keri Phillips  | 167 comments Just finished The Poppy War
This was a big one! I did the audio version and it was good. I just had to rewind several parts to understand it all. This one is going to be a massive and epic story. It involves Shamans and Gods and all kinds of cool but brutal stuff. I'm definitely going to READ the 2nd one.

message 5: by Keri (new)

Keri Phillips  | 167 comments Just finished Living Dead in Dallas. I read all but the last 3 books of this series a few years ago and they are hilarious. The are quick to read and make you giggle, but are still dark and twisty. The books are SO much better than the True Blood series. They totally made up their own story lines on that show.

message 6: by Eden (new)

Eden | 746 comments Mod
I just finished Mortal Engines....

2/5 Stars.

I really didn’t enjoy it it :(

message 7: by Eden (new)

Eden | 746 comments Mod
Updated to here!

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 272 comments Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve. I knowsone didn’t like it but I did - going to rent the movie this week

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 272 comments Sharon wrote: "Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve. I know some didn’t like it but I did - going to rent the movie this week"

message 10: by Keri (new)

Keri Phillips  | 167 comments Just finished The Girl from Berlin. OMG! This one is so good! It's like 2 books in one. You have the memoirs from a German Jewish girl and a modern day mystery of who owns this farm in Italy going on simultaneously. It is incredible! I've read other books in this "series" and they are fabulous. This author has now become an auto-purchase for me.

Before that I SLOGGED through Vicious... People have raved about this one for years and I need to read book 2 for a book club. I DON'T WANNA! It was not bad and definitely got better near the end. It just put me in a reading slump. I knew if I put this one down, I would never finish it.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.