The Catholic Book Club discussion

The Autobiography of St. Anthony Mary Claret

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

John Seymour | 1807 comments Mod
"Bares the soul of a saint and reveals the methods which were so successful for him in converting others. From age 5 he was haunted by the thought of the souls about to fall into Hell. This insight fueled his powerful drive to save as many souls as he could."

Anthony Mary Claret wrote his autobiography at the repeated request of the Superior General of the Missionary Sons of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. A noted missionary, he also became a bishop.

The questions below are somewhat generic. More may be added as your moderators read the book themselves and, as always, you should be free to post your own discussion questions if you think there is a topic that would be worth exploring.

Steven R. McEvoy (srmcevoy) | 64 comments I loved this from the translators note from the edition I am reading:

"They will also come to see in the following pages the way in which Blessed Claret sanctified himself in the practice of all virtues and how he spent himself, laboring until life's close for the Beloved of his heart."

I need to grow in the virtues. And in the fruit of the spirit.