YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Kindred (The Watcher Chronicles, #2)
This topic is about Kindred
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Watcher Chronicles by S.J. West - Reading from 'Kindred (The Watcher Chronicles #2)' from July 5th 2019

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments At the tender age of seven, Jess Riley’s parents were ripped out of her life by the Tear, a ripple of white light in the sky which randomly transports people from Earth to alternate realities and distant planets once a year. On the night the Tear first appeared, the Watchers, a mysterious group of men possessing supernatural powers, made their presence known to the leaders of the world, earning their complete trust to deal with the turmoil the Tear caused.
Now twenty-two years old, Jess is an agent working for the Watcher Agency searching for a way to bring her parents back home. When the leader of the Watchers, Mason Collier, recruits her to join his team, Jess quickly discovers she is meant to play a major role in sealing the Tear forever. Mason and Jess instantly find themselves drawn to one another but they both resist their mutual attraction for different reasons. Broken by past events in their lives, they each struggle to overcome their fears and find the strength to take a chance on one another.

A Disclaimer from the Author:

It is not necessary to have read The Watchers Trilogy to read The Watcher Chronicles. But if you are interested in reading The Watchers Trilogy, I would recommend you not read this new series until you have finished Forgiven. What happens at the end of the trilogy is explained fairly early in Broken and I would hate for the ending of Forgiven to be ruined for you.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Broken (The Watcher Chronicles, #1) by S.J. West
Ch 6 (27%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 11 (53%) - (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Broken (The Watcher Chronicles, #1) by S.J. West
33% (view spoiler)
57% (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Jennifer wrote: "Broken (The Watcher Chronicles, #1) by S.J. West
Ch 6 (27%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 11 (53%) - [spoilers removed]"

Replying to Chapter 6: I was more irritated by Faison and Phasing.. when they say Faison I think for some reason they are fixing to Phase out.. lol.

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments 63% Look at you Mason. (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments 70% (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments 80% (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Broken (The Watcher Chronicles, #1) by S.J. West
Ch 15 (74%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler)

I've liked it so far, but I do agree with you Tierra, I could do with a little less back and forth between her and Mason. (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Kindred (The Watcher Chronicles, #2) by S.J. West
Ch 5 (22%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 10 (50%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 16 (80%) - (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I realized earlier I hadn't read book 2 I guess so I'm finishing it up today and should start this tomorrow.

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I finished book 2 and should be starting book 3 Today or tomorrow!

Jennifer | 3551 comments You can add book 2 here. I restarted the series with Kindred.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Oblivion (The Watcher Chronicles, #3) by S.J. West
Ch 5 (29%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 10 (50%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 15 (75%) - (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I'm just starting book 3 because I got behind on my audios! should have it done by tomorrow I'm hoping!

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Oblivion (The Watcher Chronicles, #3) by S.J. West
Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Chapter 9: (view spoiler)
Chapter 14: (view spoiler)
Chapter 20: (view spoiler)
Finished: So having audible is awesome with these Kindle Read and LIstens. The Audio automatically transfers to Audible and doesn't take up a credit or any extra money. You just download and you can listen on Audible. I loved it for this book which I feel on Kindle moves so slow via audio. ON audible I was able to speed up the narration to 2.0x for when I was "listening" and they sync up so when I went back to reading it took me straight to the page I was listening to on Audible. Pretty handy if I do say so myself. (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Ascension (The Watcher Chronicles, #4) by S.J. West
Ch 5 (23%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 10 (49%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 16 (74%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - Booooooooo. (view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.