What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Other > Sci-Fi/Fantasy, myth-based, about people living on an island type thing and are trained to fight creatures in the water below them

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Koch | 2 comments SPOILERS

mostly what I remember is that the people eventually find out that the water is like another dimension or something where they go after they die? And I think that the water creatures kind of reminded me of sharks and they are trying to take care of the island? Also a corrupt government of some sort. The book begins with people being born in like a "middle ground" place. I think it's based on a myth of some sort. Very similar idea to hollow earth theory and also the idea that ppl live on the back of a turtle.

message 2: by Bridget (last edited Apr 04, 2019 08:51AM) (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments Oddly enough, I just saw a post similar to this the other day. I suggested Drift by M.K. Hutchins. The people do live on the back of a giant sea turtle and fight beasts of the water. It may be the one you're looking for. ;) Drift

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Isabella, did you move this to Solved? Was that your book then? We always need confirmation from you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Drift (other topics)