Art Lovers discussion

Members to Members > General Introduction

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8272 comments Hello fellow lovers of Art!
We have quite a few new members recently and I welcome you!
I have had the good fortune of receiving a personal message from one of our newest members whom I will let introduce himself.

But he had an idea, and I didn't have a folder in which he could post his question. In the past we have had members who are writing their theses, or college papers, or doing research on some art subject and they have thrown out questions to the group to help with their endeavor. Now we have a folder dedicated to solely that.

If you have a question for the group, whether it be for your work, for a paper, or for your own knowledge, feel free to post it here.

Each question of a different topic can have its own thread. As I am the one who needs to create the folders, you all can create your own thread (some of you already know and do that). So here it is!

message 2: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Thanx, yes, I am doing research on the influence of preHispanic Mexican art on contemporary art making. I am curious as to in what other countries, aboriginal art or indigenous art has affected andinfluened newer artists

message 3: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8272 comments Geoffrey wrote: "Thanx, yes, I am doing research on the influence of preHispanic Mexican art on contemporary art making. I am curious as to in what other countries, aboriginal art or indigenous art has affected and..."

That is a great question! I'd like to know more about that, but I, myself can't contribute to answering this for you, Geoffrey, sorry.

message 4: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8272 comments Hello everyone!

Well, since he was a 'frequent flyer' here, I'm a bit worried about Geoffrey. I sent him a PM about a month ago and he never responded. I went to his profile yesterday and he hasn't been active on GR since July, which is about the time he quit participating here.
Does anyone know anything about him?
I liked his commentary. He was so witty and intelligent and really brought insight and color to the group. I miss him! I hope he returns and.. nothing is wrong!

message 5: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2698 comments I'm starting to miss him too!

message 6: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8272 comments Just a general question:

I saw this somewhere and now I have no idea where. In a magazine online? An article? I don't know where it is...In Venice, I'm thinking...

Does anyone know what this is? Is it permanent? Part of an exhibit? Does anyone know what it's called? Who is the artist? I'm just curious, I think it's pretty cool!

message 7: by Lance (new)

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 79 comments Heather wrote: "I saw this somewhere and now I have no idea where. In a magazine online? An article? I don't know where it is...In Venice, I'm thinking..."

It was in Venice. According to AtlasObscura, "The art installation, called 'Support,' created by artist Lorenzo Quinn, the son of actor Antony Quinn, is a pair of 5,000-pound white hands" installed outside the historic Ca’Sagredo Hotel.

It was removed in May 2018. See the full article here.

message 8: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8272 comments Thank you, Lance! You got me all that information and everything! You rock!