Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Group Reads > Nominate May 2019's Group Read *VOTING CLOSED*

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Apr 11, 2019 09:11PM) (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1460 comments Mod
Nominations are now open for May 2019!

Amanda Flower, Beverly Lewis, Sarah Price and Ruth Reid are exempt from nomination as we've already read one of their books this year, although we may make exceptions for novella collections that include one of these authors. If you're not sure if your book is eligible for nomination, please leave a comment and one of the moderators will get back to you!

Rules:
1. Any Amish-themed novel is eligible.
2. One nomination per person.
3. If two people nominate the same book, each person's vote counts. So the book will feature twice in the list to give each vote an equal chance.
4. Nominations run until the 14th of the month, with the winner announced on the 15th.
5. The winning book is chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
6. Please don't nominate a book we have already read. You can see our list of previous group reads here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... or look at the group read's bookshelf here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books... (it includes the Christian group read as well).
7. Only nominate the first book in a series UNLESS we have already read #1 (see above link). In this case, #2 is then eligible for nomination!

Nominate away!!

#1 - Naomi's Hope (Journey to Pleasant Prairie, #3) by Jan Drexler -- Natalie
#2 - Her Brother's Keeper (Amish Secrets, #1) by Beth Wiseman -- Amanda
#3 - Anna's Trials (Living Plain, #1) by June Belfie -- June
#4 - The Amish Inn: Amish Romance (The Amish of Hope Valley, #1) by Emma Schwartz -- Carolyn
#5 - The Amish Nanny (Women of Lancaster County, #2) by Mindy Starns Clark -- Barbara
#6 - Anna's Trials (Living Plain, #1) by June Belfie -- Dede
#7 -

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments I will nominate Naomi's Hope (Journey to Pleasant Prairie #3) by Jan Drexler so we can finish the series.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Natalie wrote: "I will nominateNaomi's Hope (Journey to Pleasant Prairie #3) by Jan Drexler so we can finish the series."

Great idea Natalie!

Who else has a nominee?

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Low | 23 comments Her Brother’s Keeper (Amish Secrets, #1) by Beth Wiseman

message 5: by June (new)

June Belfie | 6 comments https://www.amazon.com/Annas-Trials-L...

This is my nomination. Right now the e-book is free (4 more days) It's the first of a series. Thank you.

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Two more selections for next month! Who else is going to nominate?

message 7: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V I suggest Accidentally Amish (Valley of Choice #1) by Olivia Newport , if acceptable

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Carolyn wrote: "I suggest Accidentally Amish (Valley of Choice #1) by Olivia Newport, if acceptable"

I'm sorry Carolyn, but we read that in January of 2013. Please choose again.

message 9: by Carolyn (last edited Apr 11, 2019 08:27AM) (new)

Carolyn V The Amish Inn Amish Romance (The Amish of Hope Valley Book 1) by Emma Schwartz is suggested by Carolyn

message 10: by Barbara (new)

I'm throwing a nomination in that helps me with my "Finish the Series" challenge...

The Amish Nanny (Women of Lancaster County, #2) by Mindy Starns Clark

We read #1, The Amish Midwife, in June of 2015.

message 11: by Dede (new)

Dede Janzen | 29 comments June wrote: "https://www.amazon.com/Annas-Trials-L...

This is my nomination. Right now the e-book is free (4 more days..."

I 2nd this nomination

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Low | 23 comments I wonder what the book is! I’m way to impatient haha.

message 13: by Sage (new)

Sage | 1 comments I’m new to this group and really looking forward to reading May’s book with you ladies.

message 14: by Barbara (new)

Sorry for the delay folks -- it's been a c-r-a-z-y week and time got away from me.

Our read for next month is... The Amish Inn: Amish Romance (The Amish of Hope Valley, #1) by Emma Schwartz. Thanks for the nomination Carolyn.

message 15: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V another book to get off my kindle shelf. I can't believe how fast April is going; I'm sure that's the way it will be for the next 6 months.
I now, have a reason to sit out if the weather is finally pleasant, and read