2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
This topic is about City of Glass
City of Glass > Question I

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4881 comments Mod
Sebastian turns out to indeed be an impostor. When did you start to become suspicious of him? What were some of the clues? Did you ever imagine he was the real Jonathan Morgestern, Valentine’s son? Have we seen the last of him?

~ Giulia ~ | 27 comments I'm sure we'll see him again. Maybe he'll get some kind of redemption arc in the second part of the series. Or maybe he'll be the new villain, but I'm not sure that he by himself can be as fearsome as Valentine was. I'd prefer a brotherly reconciliation, but we'll see :)

He’s a demon and while he disappeared, I’m certain we haven’t seen the last of Sebastian. I know you guessed he was Jonathan but I didn’t know until it was revealed! Duh, I should have guessed before then but I was so certain he’d died. All I knew was Jace wasn’t a demon.

In some ways, I think Sebastian will be worse than Valentine who at least had a belief system, warped that it was. He had a mission and stayed focused on that. He didn’t go after others just for the cruelty of it...it served some misguided purpose. Sebastian, however, is vain and vindictive. He will seek vengeance.

I was always suspicious of Sebastian from the moment Clary felt something off about him, especially when he kept trying so hard to get her alone and to trust him.

Melissa (melissasd) | 580 comments I think we'll see him again. I agree, Jonetta. I think Sebastian will be much worse than Valentine because he runs on anger, not purpose.

Melissa wrote: "runs on anger, not purpose"

Perfect way to put it, Melissa.