2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
This topic is about City of Glass
City of Glass > Question F

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5961 comments Mod
When Sebastian accompanies Clary to find Ragnor Fell but finds Magnus impersonating him, her instincts tell her to support the ruse. Do you think deep down she always felt she couldn’t trust him?

~ Giulia ~ | 27 comments Now that you mention it maybe you're right. At the time I thought Clary had suddenly grown a brain cell and realized that it wasn't a good idea to let a complete stranger know too much, especially since Ragnor Fell must've had his good reasons for all the secrecy. But it really doesn't sound like Clary. Yes, I like the instinct theory :)

🤣🤣🤣 I lost count of the many times Clary blabbed stuff I felt she should keep to herself until others proved themselves to her. That’s why this time stuck out in my mind so clearly. I should have figured out then who he was.

Melissa (melissasd) | 673 comments I think she went along with it because Magnus stuck with it and she knew deep down that Magnus had a reason for doing it.

You don’t think it had anything to do with Sebastian?

Melissa (melissasd) | 673 comments I only thought it was Sebastian because I was thinking that Magnus didn't know him and was being cautious.

This was the moment where I thought, finally, her instincts were getting sharper and kicking in. It was also the moment where I was sure Sebastian couldn’t be trusted.