2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
This topic is about City of Glass
City of Glass > Question D

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4865 comments Mod
Clary created a rune to provide a portal into Idris and was dumped into Lake Lyn, a cursed body of water to Shadowhunters. First, could you envision her being able to do that? Was it hard sometimes to determine what was attributable to the lake versus Clary’s reality?

~ Giulia ~ | 27 comments I thought it was very reckless of her to try to open a portal after she'd been warned. Luke was right in getting angry and reprimanding her. She could've died because of her thoughtless actions.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4865 comments Mod
Clary was reckless from the beginning of this series. I know Jace made those harsh statements in part to make her go back to New York but there was an element of truth to them. She likes to leap before looking.

Still, her power with runes is pretty remarkable. I never imagined she could create a portal.

I had a tough time figuring out what were mirages due to her swallowing that lake water versus her true visions. It got confusing.

Melissa (melissasd) | 580 comments Clary showed her abilities in the last book, so it wasn't hard to think that she could make a portal. I agree that she doesn't think before she does things and this could have gone bad.