What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
This topic is about The Name of the Wind
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy Novel- Starts out retired Warrior works in a Tavern. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marc (new) - added it

Marc H (mdog73) | 2 comments I only know the beginning of the book. There was a retired warrior I think, working in a tavern and there were these demon/spider things beginning to plague the countryside and he knew what they were but noone else did I think. He killed one or two at a campfire where a traveler was attacked. I remember a circus or something showing up in the town. Sorry I don't remember much else I was separated from the book early and occasionally wonder if I can find it again.

Pete | 4 comments The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

message 3: by Marc (new) - added it

Marc H (mdog73) | 2 comments Thanks yes, that's it. I always forget names of books, lost the physical one about 3 years ago right after I started it, luckily I have the ebook, I just hadn't gotten around to it. It shall be my next series.

Pete | 4 comments I HIGHLY recommend it. I read the first two novels about four years ago and just randomly decided to read that one again last month. I am in the middle of my second read of the second book of the series (The Wise Man's Fear) right now!

Love them both! Glad to be of help!

message 5: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 32339 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Marc. Here's link for Pete's find - The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Name of the Wind (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Patrick Rothfuss (other topics)