Mount TBR 2019 discussion

Base Level: Mt Wycheproof > Lindsey (@LogiKitty): Climbing for the First Time!

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsey (last edited Nov 29, 2019 12:08PM) (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments My goal for this year is 60 books. Current count: 70. GOAL COMPLETE!

I've got two stacks of books near my desk, a load of ebooks (some gifts still waiting from Christmas!), and more in a cubicle near my bed! I want to get through the borrowed library books, ebooks, and stacks near my desk first. This is my first time climbing, and I'm hoping this group will motivate me to get through and surpass my year goal and finish my piles and piles of books!

Find me on Litsy: @LogiKitty

message 2: by Lindsey (last edited Sep 28, 2019 01:33AM) (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Current Rec Reads: Princess Jellyfish Vol. 2 by Akiko Higashimura | Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle, Vol. 2 by Kagiji Kumanomata

Current School Reads: Teacher by Sylvia Ashton-Warner | In the Spirit of the Studio Learning from the Atelier of Reggio Emilia by Lella Gandini | Social Development by Ross D. Parke | Introduction to Counseling Voices from the Field by Jeffrey A. Kottler

Future TBR: Annexed by Sharon Dogar , One of Us Is Lying (One of Us is Lying, #1) by Karen M. McManus , The Last Librarian (The Justar Journal Book 1) by Brandt Legg , Widows (Dolly Rawlins, #1) by Lynda La Plante , The Gaia Effect (The Gaia Collection, #1) by Claire Buss , Grit by Angela Duckworth , The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot , Glimpse, Memoir of a Serial Killer by Stephen B. King

message 3: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Welcome to the climb!

message 4: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Thank you!

message 5: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Beanstack has a challenge going on for the Coretta Scott King Book Award where you are encouraged to read 50 of the 90 award winning books before the new year arrives. Piecing Me Together was one of the ones I could find on Libby and finished it within a couple days. Incredible book & I highly recommend :)

message 6: by Lindsey (last edited Apr 10, 2019 11:10PM) (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Finished another! After the Green Withered by Kristin Ward was entirely brilliant. A terrifyingly realistic dystopian (especially for a native Californian!). I can't wait to see what the next one entails (:

message 7: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments I feel like I really killed the game this week 🤓 I finished another one today - Behind Her Eyes in audiobook. To be honest, without it being an audiobook, I'm not sure I would have finished it! The gossip was juicier listening to it with the alternating voices 🙊

message 8: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Got another one done after a lot of lacking motivation. Unf*ck Your Habitat: You're Better Than Your Mess was great! I want to get the physical version to help me keep myself on track.

message 9: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Another one down :) I read Thirteen Reasons Why. This was a re-read, and the audio version. Certainly very different listening through this and being an adult!

message 10: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Two additions! Methods in Behavioral Research with Connect Access Card & Burden of Truth.

If you haven't read After the Green Withered, then you are missing out. The sequel is EVEN BETTER. Wow!

message 11: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments I forgot to add another little book that I completed back toward over a couple weeks ago - In Daddy's Arms I Am Tall: African Americans Celebrating Fathers With Paperback Book .

And I just finished Hidden Figures today! Decent book, a bit more factual in the chronological timeline than I would have liked, but very informative!

message 12: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Another one down! Wildcard was brilliant. If you want a way to help along your Litsy #24B4Monday, then give this one a read. You won't want to put it down & it's pretty quick paced. But read Warcross first! Wildcard is the sequel :)

message 13: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Finished Some Girls Are! 3.5/5 if you ask me - the drama was almost a bit over the top, though some of the bullying was believable. It felt like Mean Girls, especially with one of the girls being named Regina haha

message 14: by Lindsey (last edited May 31, 2019 10:53PM) (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments I love Courtney Summers but between Some Girls Are & Cracked Up to Be, I'm not very impressed! Perhaps it was because she was just beginning to write. I finished Cracked up to be, and I'd say it was better than Some Girls Are but not but a large margin.

message 15: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments I needed an audiobook to pass the time since I haven't really been into music lately. I was unbelievably impressed by Wil Wheaton's narration of Ready Player One. I ended up spending three or so hours on 2x speed just to get through the rest before watching the movie (which I have a feeling will not be nearly as epic as the book). MY GOD. What a novel!

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan | 61 comments I really enjoyed Ready Player One, too. The movie was fun but the Book was better imo ;)

message 17: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments yes! I agree! the book was much better than the movie.

message 18: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Goodness! I just finished listening to the Armada audiobook narrated by Wil Wheaton, authored by Ernest Cline. This was just as good as Ready Player One after the mission started. Until then, I'd been a bit mad it was similar to RPO. But I powered through and REALLY enjoyed it!

message 19: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Another one down! This one was a physical copy - and I was inspired to read this because it's based on the TV show that I absolutely love! The Beekeeper No. 159 was a great one :) If you like the show, you're bound to like this one!

message 20: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Finished another one but was frankly pretty disappointed in it. It seemed okay, but now I know why the review averages around meh (3.5 ish?). I don't highly recommend The Flight Attendant, but I had finished it hoping that the second half of the book would have been more interesting. But it wasn't that much x'D

message 22: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Another one down! I Am the Messenger is a complete recommend. An absolutely brilliant book. I feel profoundly impacted by it - very warm and grateful.

message 23: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis is another to add to the books. I couldn't recommend this more to increase the scope of understanding and compassion for people who are often overlooked by society.

message 24: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments The Couple Next Door oof this one was a heck of a doozy but it was great! Highly recommend :)

message 25: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments All the Rage Courtney Summers killing the YA game again. CW: Sexual violence.

message 26: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments I have not been keeping on track with my tbrs at all! xD But I think it's because I'm trying to teeter totter between audiobooks and physical books, and my Libby holds (that have been waiting forever) keep coming in! I finished The Woman in Cabin 10 this time around :) Decent thriller.

message 27: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda This is one of the best intro-to-LGBTQ+ teenage life that I have read - which admittedly, has been limited (due to limited quality representation). I absolutely loved this one and would recommend :)

message 28: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 27 comments A few more since the beginning of August!
The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 01 | Sheets | The Year of Less: How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life Is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy in a Store | The Testaments

I recommend all of them. I gained the most from the year of less, but loved the testaments the most.

message 29: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
Congrats on all the books you've moved off your TBR mountain!