A Wheel Of Time Read Along discussion

Funny Stories While Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Pecue (cpecue) So I am about halfway through the second book, and I have developed the (unfavorable?) habit of reading in the bath. Well today I was listening to the audiobook and I didn't realize just how tired I am (having to teach Chinese kids online at 4:30am is draining everyday) and so my copy of The Great Hunt went swimming. Whoops. This made me wonder if you all have any funny stories of things that happened to you (or your books) while reading this series?

Let's all laugh together.

message 2: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Pecue (cpecue) I should clarify by saying I am indeed the weird type that likes to listen to the audiobook while reading the physical book, simultaneously.

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 145 comments Mod
My wife reads in the bath all the time. I can’t, though. It makes me too nervous. I do follow along the book while listening on occasion though. I find it remarkable how much slower the reading pace is when I do that.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebookishginger) | 14 comments Mod
I love reading in the tub.. lol I have fallen asleep and dropped a book in before though. Sooo because of that I won't take electronics to the tub with me.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (tazzypumpkin) | 20 comments I owned a copy of the first book, but have a library copy of the second. My library copy is really gross. The first 50 or so pages had weird stains in random spots. Some of them are brown and I'm telling myself it's just chocolate. Luckily I am past the gross parts so I try not to think about it haha. I hope the copy of the next book is much better. I'll be glad to be done with book 2 just for this reason!

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Silsby | 12 comments Was chatting with my boyfriend about the different things each of us is reading and I made some aside about how my books-read-count is pretty awesome lately, but only because I'm not reading very serious, dense books and instead, am reading fun page-turners. To which he meaningfully glances towards the current book we're reading and says, "I don't know...The Dragon Reborn??...sounds pretty SERIOUS."

Serial Bibliophile (serial-bibliophile) | 16 comments Caleb, I also like to read and listen at the same time; specially fantasy cause it helps me better digest all the weird words and names.

Serial Bibliophile (serial-bibliophile) | 16 comments Lynn that’s pretty funny! 😂