PenPal Readers discussion

Mod Corner > WE NEED MORE Moderators/Helpers

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne ✨ (last edited Apr 29, 2019 05:39AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Hey PenPal Readers! It's opportunity time! We Need MORE MODERATORS or helpers!

We welcome help in whatever capacity or commitment that works for you!

Below is a starting list of some of the things you could potentially take on. Some items would take just a small amount of time, others items could be more involved!

Monthly reads
- Help with the monthly reads process: creating posts for the nominations/polls/discussion threads etc. We typically have 1-2 themes/books per month, you could look after one theme or both. You could look after it monthly, or we could split the task and have two people do every other month!

PenPal Matching Challenges Helper
- Our matching challenges are popular, but they are time intensive to manage. Help Zoe execute these types of challenges quarterly (approximately)

Welcome Committee hello messages
- We have new members joining constantly! Help us in welcoming them, highlighting what's going on in the group, and connecting them with other members who they might have things in common with! We could have multiple people do this, rotating monthly.

Take on a 'Country' for the month
- we have a new country theme each month. Sponsor a country for the month (extra cool if it's your own country). As sponsor, you'd create the discussion thread and the mini-activity for that country for that month.

Upkeep of PenPal requests summary spreadsheet✔Thank You Sam!
- (yup, we're behind and haven't added any of 2019 yet!). Experience/comfort working in a Google Spreadsheet would be helpful, but it's all set up, and just needs the content added, so super easy!

Lead the Scavenger hunt words challenge
- create a list of words and post in a thread seasonally/quarterly

ANY OTHER HELP or IDEAS are most welcome!
If you have an idea for an activity and would be interested to lead it, let us know! You can lead an activity on a one-time basis, or repeating monthly/quarterly/annually.

We're a growing group and would love to see increased participation, but we need some help to achieve this.

Please message me if you are interested. You can be an experienced member or new to the group, as long as you're keen to help and reliable for the follow-through.

message 2: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Ward (sward7) | 18 comments I'd love to help. I'm very strong with spread sheets and Google docs... Happy to help moderate too.

message 3: by Jazzy (last edited Apr 28, 2019 12:14PM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments I could do the copy cat matches perhaps?

And i'm doing the Back<<< to the classics, but could do some other spreadsheet based challenges.

I could possibly do some penpal matching, not sure what you need doing there?

message 4: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Sylvia wrote: "I'd love to help. I'm very strong with spread sheets and Google docs... Happy to help moderate too."

Yay! Thanks, Sylvia! That's wonderful, we need some fresh faces and new ideas to grow the group! I'll message you some initial thoughts!

message 5: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Jazzy wrote: "I could do the copy cat matches perhaps?

And i'm doing the Back<<< to the classics, but could do some other spreadsheet based challenges.

I could possibly do some penpal matching, not sure what ..."

Yay, Jazzy! Thank you for heading up the Back to the Classics Challenge, that has been awesome! And for being able to do some other things too! So much opportunity! I'll message you with more thoughts!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I could do things like book discussions, or maybe matching if needed. I am very tech savvy, and can do google docs or spreadsheets. I am active, and would love to help!

message 7: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Leah wrote: "I could do things like book discussions, or maybe matching if needed. I am very tech savvy, and can do google docs or spreadsheets. I am active, and would love to help!"

THANK YOU Leah! Those are all things we'd LOVE your help with! I'll message you with more thoughts!

A_ bookbound _soul (a_bookbound_soul) | 8 comments I'd love to help out too!

message 9: by Johnathan (new)

Johnathan Duplanti | 2 comments can i do the take on a country thing?

message 10: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments THANK YOU Grace! And THANK YOU Nathan! I'm so excited to have your help! I can't wait to see all the new ideas and content in the group now with fresh faces!

message 11: by Meagan (new)

Meagan Patterson | 7 comments If you still need some help just let me know I've got a ton of free time on my hands I'd love to help out :)

message 12: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Meagan wrote: "If you still need some help just let me know I've got a ton of free time on my hands I'd love to help out :)"

Awesome, Meagan, the group could definitely use some fresh faces.. the current moderators, myself included, haven't had much time or energy for organizing/leading any new activities... I've sent you a PM to chat more...