2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Barb's reading list / April 2019

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barb (last edited Mar 30, 2019 09:05AM) (new)

Barb I'll be on vacation for a bit over a week in April, but I should be able to manage a good chunk of reading while I'm away. At the very least, I need to get through my ARCs and my book club selection. We'll see how the rest of the month goes :)

BARB'S READING LIST / APRIL 2019

ARCs :
Bitter Brew, by G.A. McKevett (continues series)
Murder in the Reading Room, by Ellery Adams (continues series)
The Stone Circle, by Elly Griffiths (continues series)
Sunset Beach, by Mary Kay Andrews
Read on Arrival, by Nora Pages (continues series)
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek, by Kim Michele Richardson
For a Good Paws, by Linda O. Johnston (continues series)

TO ADVANCE SERIES:
Perish from the Earth, by Jonathan F. Putnam
Foreign Body, by Kathleen Taylor
Berried to the Hilt, by Karen MacInerney

NEW SERIES TO START FOR CHALLENGES / BOOK CLUB:
Under a Maui Moon, by Robin Jones Gunn
A Morbid Taste for Bones, by Peter Ellis
Death Al Dente, by Leslie Budewitz

AUDIOBOOKS:
The Death of Mrs. Westaway, by Ruth Ware
Wrongful Death, by Robert Dugoni (continues series)

WISH LIST, IF TIME:
Dead to the Last Drop, by Cleo Coyle (continues series)
Death of a Country Fried Redneck, by Lee Hollis (continues series)
A Killer Crop, by Sheila Connolly (continues series)
Sheer Folly, by Carola Dunn (continues series)
Grace Cries Uncle, by Julie Hyzy (continues series)

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2548 comments Good luck with your vacation reading. I never get anything read while I'm on vacation.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2383 comments Enjoy your vacation. If nothing else I'm sure you'll get to your audio books while traveling.

message 4: by Barb (new)

Barb Thanks, ladies. This is our annual kick-back-and-don't-do-anything-unless-you-want-to trip, so I should have plenty of time to read. Last year, hubby slept for the better part of the first two days, and I averaged a little less than a book a day.

message 5: by Viki (new)

Viki (vikir) | 638 comments Enjoy your trip. I always seem to do more reading on vacation than any other time!

I really like Mary Kay Andrews books, hope you enjoy her new one.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4292 comments Mod
Have a lovely time on vacation, Barb!

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10927 comments Mod
Oh, Dugoni and Ware on audio...nice!

I’m also hoping for Sunset Beach on audio. A friend reviewed it and I got hooked.

Enjoy💜

message 8: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2372 comments Hope you have a great vacation and read lots of books!

message 9: by Barb (new)

Barb Thanks :)

Jonetta wrote: "Oh, Dugoni and Ware on audio...nice!"

This will be my first book by Ruth Ware, so I hope it lives up to the hype -- even more so because I'm the one who chose it for my F2F book group's April meeting :)

I was just introduced to Dugoni a year or so ago, but he's already become and auto-read author for me. If you haven't already added his newest, The Eighth Sister, to your list, I'd highly recommend doing so. When I started reading it, GR showed it as a stand alone; by the time I finished a couple of days later, it was changed to be the first in a series. And I was so proud of myself for choosing a stand alone rather than the first in yet another series LOL

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Barb wrote: "Thanks :)

Jonetta wrote: "Oh, Dugoni and Ware on audio...nice!"

This will be my first book by Ruth Ware, so I hope it lives up to the hype -- even more so because I'm the one who chose it for m..."

Lol! I have the new Dugoni book on audio and was the librarian that added the series info after learning of it on the author’s website😏

message 11: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments That "Death of a Country Fried Redneck" title made me laugh. I hope you're able to get some quality reading done during your vacation. I almost never do.

message 12: by Barb (new)

Barb Jonetta wrote: "Lol! I have the new Dugoni book on audio and was the librarian that added the series info after learning of it on the author’s website😏"

So it's *your fault I have another series to follow now LOL Seriously, I'm glad you did, so I'll know to look out for book #2 in a year or so :)

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

😏

message 14: by Barb (new)

Barb In case you haven't already seen it, Jonetta, The Last Agent, book #2 in the Charles Jenkins, is supposed to be released in November 2020.

message 15: by Barb (last edited Apr 04, 2019 02:24PM) (new)

Barb Finished some of the books on my April list:

Foreign Body (Tory Bauer #6), by Kathleen Taylor, finished 4/1 ★★★
end of series

Bitter Brew (Savannah Reid #24), by G.A. McKevett, finished 4/3 ★★★★
continues series, newest book

Under a Maui Moon (Hideaway #1), by Robin Jones Gunn, finished 4/4 ★★★.5
new to me series

Foreign Body (Tory Bauer Mystery #6) by Kathleen Taylor Bitter Brew by G.A. McKevett Under a Maui Moon (Hideaway, #1) by Robin Jones Gunn

message 16: by Jonetta (new)

Barb wrote: "In case you haven't already seen it, Jonetta, The Last Agent, book #2 in the Charles Jenkins, is supposed to be released in November 2020."

Yep, I added it to the series.

message 17: by Barb (last edited Apr 17, 2019 09:43AM) (new)

Barb As expected, I got a lot of reading done while on vacation last week -- waiting in airports allows a LOT of time to read :) Most of these are ARCs for books coming out later in April or early in May.

Murder in the Reading Room (Book Retreat #5), by Ellery Adams ★★★★ (continues series)

The Stone Circle (Ruth Galloway #11), by Elly Griffiths ★★★★.5 (continues series)

Berried to the Hilt (Gray Whale Inn #4), by Karen MacInerney ★★★★ (continues series)

Sunset Beach, by Mary Kay Andrews ★★★★ (stand alone)

Read on Arrival (Bookmobile #2), by Nora Page ★★★★ (continues series)

The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek, by Kim Michele Richardson ★★★★ (stand alone)

For a Good Paws (Barkery & Biscuits #5), by Linda O. Johnston ★★★ (continues series)

The Printed Letter Bookshop, by Katherine Reay ★★★★ (stand alone)

Murder in the Reading Room by Ellery Adams The Stone Circle (Ruth Galloway, #11) by Elly Griffiths Berried to the Hilt (Gray Whale Inn Mystery, #4) by Karen MacInerney Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews Read on Arrival A Bookmobile Mystery by Nora Page The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson For a Good Paws (A Barkery & Biscuits Mystery Book 5) by Linda O. Johnston The Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay

My favorites of the bunch were The Stone Circle, Sunset Beach, The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek and The Printed Letter Bookshop.

message 18: by Barb (new)

Barb Yikes, I never updated the last half of the month.

The Codebook Murders (Oakwood #4), by Leslie Nagel, finished 4/17 ★★★.5 (continues series)

Perish From the Earth (Lincoln & Speed #2), by Jonathan F. Putnam, finished 4/22 ★★★★ (continues series)

Street of the Five Moons (Vicky Bliss #2), by Elizabeth Peters, finished 4/23 ★★★ (continues series)

The Death of Mrs. Westaway, by Ruth Ware, finished 4/25 ★★★★ (stand alone)

A Taste for Death (Inspector Adam Dalgiesh #7), by P.D. James, finished 4/26 ★★★ (continues series)

A Morbid Taste for Bones (Chronicles of Brother Cadfael #1), by Ellis Peters, finished 4/27 ★★★.5 (new to me series)

The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers, by Maxwell King, finished 4/29 ★★★★ (stand alone) (stand alone)

Mistress of the Ritz, by Melanie Benjamin, finished 4/30 ★★★.5 (stand alone)

Of this list, my favorites were Perish From the Earth and The Death of Mrs. Westaway. Both were audiobooks that were very well done.