Circe Circe discussion

Didn't get the ending.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anshul What really happened at the end? What are you guys think of the ending?

Desiré (view spoiler)

Teri-May Howells Desiré wrote: "Circe goes out and it's not really described what she's doing, but it's implied she's working on a spell. After envisioning what her future as a mortal next to Telemachus would look like, it says s..."

Couldn't have said it better myself! I thought it was a beautiful ending, particularly because it is actually an ending. For a goddess there is never an ending the same way as there is for a mortal. After all the loss she has experienced, and her overall disdain and dislike for gods throughout the book, it made sense. A great bit of poetic license in a retelling of a lesser known piece of mythology.

Gerard Kevin McBride Her ending was that she became a human being. Unlike the Gods who just existed.
Always wondered about Odysseus, returning alone after all those adventures. Normally rather dodgy.

Maria Desiré wrote: "Circe goes out and it's not really described what she's doing, but it's implied she's working on a spell. After envisioning what her future as a mortal next to Telemachus would look like, it says s..."

I agree with you as well! I loved it

TomK2 Yep. She used her power of making potions of change, made from the flower fertilized by the blood of Titans, to change herself into a mortal. She alone of all the Gods, would be able to cross into the afterlife and be with the dead mortals, far beyond the reach of the immortal Gods who shunned and belittled her entire existence. She wrapped up her loose ends by turning the ex god sailor eating monster into stone, and then put herself out of reach of the Gods she had grown to despise.