PenPal Readers discussion

CopyCat Pair-up > April Copy Cat Challenge

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Duration: April 1 - April 30th
Partner pairings announced: April 2nd (announced in this thread)

For FULL details of how the copy cat challenge works, please visit the 'About Copy Cat Challenge' post HERE!

SUMMARY:
In this challenge, participants are paired up to choose and read a book from their partner's read shelf and compare how they each rated the book. It's a fun way to discover new books, to read from different genre(s), and to make PenPal connections. This challenge repeats monthly, and you sign-up separately for each month you wish to participate.

COMPLETING THE CHALLENGE
- Week 1: Review your paired partner's 'Read shelf' and choose a book(s) to read. Post to this thread to update your partner on the book chosen. (You can ask them for suggestions too!)
- Week 1-4: Begin reading, and post any updates/thoughts as you read.
- Week 3-4: Complete your read, and post to the thread with final thoughts on the book and comparing how you and your partner each rated the book.

Participation = Post to thread (book choice), Read book, Post to thread (finished book thoughts)

NOTE:
- Please only sign-up if you are confident you have time to choose and read a book. If you are no longer able to participate after signing up, message a Mod or update this thread, so we can re-match, and no-one is left without a partner for the month!
- Remember to re-visit this thread on April 2 to see who you have been paired up with for the month (adding a calendar reminder helps!)

message 2: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloee_matthews) I always take part but this month I'm afraid I'm going to have pass!! I have a set TBR list for the month! But I'll be back in May!

message 3: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Sign me up!

message 4: by Syndi Siahaan (new)

Syndi Siahaan | 122 comments I'm in

message 5: by Peregrine (new)

Peregrine Tell me too.

message 6: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments I'm in

message 7: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments i would like to play too please x

message 8: by Anne ✨ (last edited Apr 05, 2019 04:48PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Hi Everyone, so sorry for the delay in posting the pairings! The thread stays open, so no worries if you're not finished your book by April 30, you can keep posting updates until you're done!

OK HERE WE GO! Have fun choosing a book(s) from your partner's shelf this month! Welcome to Peregrine, we're so happy you joined us this month!

Mion & Alahomora310
Syndi & Jazzy
Anne & Peregrine

message 9: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Hi Peregrine,

I've looked at your read shelf, and I'm considering:

Earthsea Chronicles #2 The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K Le Guin - I see you've read them all and rated them highly... I've read only the first one so far, so I'm keen to continue with #2

and/or

The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise - it's on your TBR too, if you'd like we can buddy read it together.

message 10: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Dear Syndi,
How privileged I am to have you for my copy cat.
I have chosen Heidi, and ordered a copy I should get next week, so we may journey to the alps together.
Many happy readings!
Love Jazzy x

message 11: by Jazzy (new)

I have gotten a very nice little copy of Heidi, and read the first chapter just now.
Hope your weekend is a blast!
x

message 12: by Syndi Siahaan (new)

Syndi Siahaan | 122 comments Dearest Jazzy

I'm so very sorry for the late reply. I'm moving out from my parents earlier this month and I completely forgot to check this thread.

I'll read Hitchiker's from the Galaxy from your read shelf. I'm planning to start next week.

Heidi! My sweet Heidi...I re-read it but got distracted by Les Miserables and The Count of Monte Cristo haha well,since you're reading it,let's take the journey together :D

message 13: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments プラドニャ wrote: "Hi Mion,
I will be reading Eleanor and Park from your shelf. I hope you find something interesting in my shelf as well.
Happy Reading!"

Hello!

I've picked up Oliver Twist and I'm looking forward to reading it. I'd also like to pick up "A Wrinkle in Time" before the month ends. Happy reading!

M.

message 14: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Dear プラドニャ

How's it going? I finished Oliver Twist and I found it quite charming. It's part of the compulsory reading list though, so now I'm deeply concerned and frustrated about 10-year olds reading it, because it seemed a lot more difficult than I remembered both language and content wise.

I'm hoping to visit a library, when the holidays are over and pick up A Wrinkle in Time as well.

M.

message 15: by Syndi Siahaan (new)

Syndi Siahaan | 122 comments Dear Jazzy

I finished reading The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy just now and I didn't quite enjoy it. The story is funny, makes my laugh at some absurd things, but it's a bit hard to comprehend. I need to read and re-read some sentences to make any sense on what they said.

How's Heidi?

message 16: by Jazzy (new)

Perhaps THGTTG is too British, but very funny when you live here.

Heidi is finished! and very good it was too! so sweet and touching. How has it been for you?

Jazzy x

message 17: by Peregrine (new)

Peregrine Tell hello,
i read and finished
dear america, the notes of an undoucumented citizen
by jose antonio vargas, from anne's shelf
it was very good

message 18: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Peregrine wrote: "hello,
i read and finished
dear america, the notes of an undoucumented citizen
by jose antonio vargas, from anne's shelf
it was very good"

Glad you liked it, Peregrine!

I just finished The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise which was on your TBR shelf! I gave it 5*, it was a very heartwearming story, and the main character girl's personality was great!

I'm planning to read The Tombs of Atuan (book 2 in earthsea trilogy) soon!

message 19: by Syndi Siahaan (new)

Syndi Siahaan | 122 comments Hi Jazzy

I just read your message lol

I LOVE Heidi. I want to read it all over again