Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Need assistance with different edition

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy Baker | 5 comments I was trying to add my copy of a paperback book, Whole Child/Whole Parent by Polly Berrien Berends, but the editions already present are different than mine (different number of pages or different year or different isbn). One paperback is close, but is the 1983 edition, not the revised one with foreward and mine shows a different isbn than that one. When I went to add a new edition, it then told me that isbn was in use, even though I am seeing different info. This seems different than just add an alternate cover. My isbn is 0060914270 and is perennial library, 1987, 360 pages. Please advise.

message 2: by Scott (last edited Mar 29, 2019 09:54AM) (new)

Scott | 18554 comments For a newer edition of existing ISBN you'll want to click the "add alternate cover edition" link and add it that way. It will move the ISBN automatically to the new edition.

message 3: by Christy (new)

Christy Baker | 5 comments this is actually an older edition than what is currently available so I don't want to move the ISBN for the whole book to this.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18554 comments If it's an older edition then just "add a new edition" without the ISBN. Leave a note in the description saying it is an alternate cover edition for that ISBN.

message 5: by Christy (new)

Christy Baker | 5 comments OK. Think I've done it correctly now. Thanks.

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18554 comments Looks good, I just added the default description with ISBN. It's not necessary to describe changes in that field.