I Read Comic Books discussion

Deadly Class, Volume 1: Reagan Youth
This topic is about Deadly Class, Volume 1
Comics & Other Media > Deadly Class

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Craig (last edited Mar 08, 2019 08:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Craig | 15 comments Just wondering what others think of this new show on Syfy? I've been enjoying it so far--the comic is one of my favorites. They've made a few changes to the story, such as fleshing out Master Lin's character (he has a secret family and his sister, Madame Gao, is challenging his control over King's Dominion), but it has stayed fairly true to the comics. The trip to Las Vegas had some really trippy animation in it, to reflect the LSD trip that Marcus was on. The 80s music cues are really good. Even my wife, not a comics fan, has really been enjoying it.

message 2: by Chad (new)

Chad | 224 comments I really dig it. It definitely captures the look and feel of the comic. I love the soundtrack and the show's use of 80's goth and post-punk. It really sets the tone and brings the comic to life. The characters are dead on with the comic.

I listened to the first episode of the companion podcast the other day. Remender said the show would hit all the major plot points of the comic along with fleshing out other aspects of the school not shown in the comics. They also talked about the differences like how Sayia doesn't kill the police officer when she meets Marcus on the show.

message 3: by frankie (new) - added it

frankie (draculasucks) | 10 comments I love it!! There’s so much love for the comic in it. I’ve liked a lot of the changes too, it’s got a nice balance of staying true to the source while being able to add surprises and twists for those familiar with the comics.

message 4: by Mike (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 365 comments Mod
AGH! I still need to watch it!