The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Saying hello

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Writerlibrarian Reader, book lover, librarian. I buy books for a living. I read books for work, for play and because it's just one the best thing in the world.

I read almost anything. Or I'll try almost every genre at least for work. I have a few favourite things: mysteries (classics and eclectic), classics (I'm doing the 1001 books lists thing), sci-fi (I'm a Doctor Who and Torchwood fan). I used to do book reviews on the local radio a few years ago for my job and promote the library.

I read in both French and English. I'm exploring e-books both for work and for me these days and I love audiobooks on my IPod when I'm writing technical procedure for the library, I would go crazy without them.

message 2: by JSou (new)

JSou Welcome! It sounds like you're going to fit in just fine here! :)

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) Welcome and wow. Talk about your dream job! You should fit right in here. I am also doing the 1001 books list and I like mysteries. What are your faves?

message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Wow! I think you're going to be alot of fun!
Welcome!

Writerlibrarian Thank you for the welcome.

I am a big fan of Dorothy Sayers, Amanda Cross, Donna Leon, Elizabeth Peters, Lindsey Davis. I also read the cozy type of mysteries like Laura Childs, Joanne Fluke, etc. But I'll try pretty much any author once.

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10004 comments Mod
Welcome WriterLibrarian!

You will find lots of us out there who love what you love and are going to recommend some similar books to love as well!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome WriterLibrarian,

It's so nice that you've joined this wonderful haven. Have fun! ♥

message 8: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) | 430 comments Hi and welcome, WriterLibrarian! I'm a Torchwood fan myself. Captain Jack rocks!

message 9: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) | 432 comments Welcome to the group! :)

message 10: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Hi Writerlibrarian!

It's great whem your passion is also your work. Too bad most of us don't realize that when we're young and pusuing a career!

I don't have as much time as I'd like to spend here but I have definitely found this to be one of the friendliest reading groups that I have ever come across. I'm sure you'll love it!