Thoughts and Opinions discussion

Complex > Paranormal

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorna (new)

Lorna What do you all think about the paranormal? Ghosts, witches, psychics etc. Is there any truth in any of it?

message 2: by Lorna (last edited Aug 21, 2009 12:59AM) (new)

Lorna Two of my friends swear black and blue they've both seen ghosts, and another had a fit during a seance. Also my mum thinks she has premonitions.

I don't know...they all are reasonably sane, but...:/

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan If there was one scintilla of evidence beyond someone knowing someone who knows someone who so totally saw a ghost that one time, then maybe I'd consider it. But the fact remains that despite centuries of hearsay, there is an absolute void of tangible evidence for any of these things.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it's total nonsense.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Lorna wrote: "Two of my friends swear black and blue they've both seen ghosts, and another had a fit during a seance. Also my mum thinks she has premonitions.

I don't know...they all are reasonably sane, but...."

Your friends are probably all attention-seekers.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

And those Spirit Photos? That would just be bad photo developing.

message 7: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Attention-seeking friends...not sure I like that.

What Spirit Photos?

Some stuff actually works.

message 8: by Lorna (last edited Aug 21, 2009 05:34PM) (new)

Lorna Well, one thing does work^^, and I'm not sure if it's actually some kind of...energy alterer, or just...positive thinking. But it works, so I'm not complaining.

Lol honestly, I'm not bonkers!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) I believe in ghosts, but I think that a lot of the times when people say that they see ghosts are really just something else. I don't think that's what happens in every case, but a lot of them.

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 69 comments I really don't know. I used to believe when I was younger but now not really. OUr school is meant to have a ghost, its quite a cool story cos he building used to be a hospital like 80 years ago and the ghost's meant to be an old patient but i don't really believe the story. I do however believe in 'signs' whether they're from God or something else or maybe I just read to far into some things.

message 11: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 1225 comments Mod
Lorna wrote: "What do you all think about the paranormal? Ghosts, witches, psychics etc. Is there any truth in any of it?"

I'm not sure...it's seems more plausible then a lot of other things, but still made up...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

i kind of believe in ghosts....kiiiiind of it depends on the day! well actually i guess i do bcuz i play ouija aaaall the time with my bff lol cat ;)

message 13: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 97 comments I only believe in things like that if I just finishes watching a scary movie or read a scary book. And it was late at night.

only then.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

ya ouija my friends so funny to piss off the spirits

message 15: by Della (new)

Della | 4 comments I don't know...
Its certianly possible, and I'd like to keep an open mind. I just finished a book called 'City Ghosts' about ghosts that haunt restarunts, homes, etc. around the US. I was definetly more convinced after i read it...

message 16: by Lorna (new)

Lorna I don't believe in ghosts at all, never have. Other things I'm not so sure about.

When I was little we moved into a new house. The people that sold it to us told us that 30 years ago an old man called Colin died there, and his ghost was living in the walls. But he was apparently a friendly ghost. I used to set him a place at the table!

message 17: by Della (new)

Della | 4 comments woah

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

aww! tahts sweet!

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1 comments I lived in a house with a ghost for two years. So thats a yes i believe in ghosts, spirits, and such. I also believe that when i was about 9 i saw a ghost with two of my friends. If they hadn't been as shocked and disturbed at the time as i was i probably would have dismissed it. We only found out a couple years later that the house we saw the ghost in is actually part of one of the stories from Haunted Wisconsin.

message 20: by Lorna (last edited Sep 16, 2009 09:37PM) (new)

Lorna Wow. When you say you and your friends 'saw' the ghost, what did you actually see?

message 21: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Tim (a.k.a. Vincent) wrote: "paranormal entities, powers, and people i think are real. though sometimes it is just people who are looking for attention. like someone said earlier in this topic, there really is no contrete proo..."

I think that that is sooo cool. But you lost me at the cats and babies thing. Please explain.

message 22: by Lorna (new)

Lorna He means when cats appear to be staring at nothing or babies are smiling away at appaernt thin air.

That's cool Tim!

message 23: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Lorna wrote: "He means when cats appear to be staring at nothing or babies are smiling away at appaernt thin air.

That's cool Tim!"

Ooo, ok. Cool, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I know right, it's soo cool.

message 24: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia (Sylvia22) | 18 comments I believe in paranormal things. I swear there is a evil ghost in my basement. It's crazy if your in the dark in the basement you feel as though someone is right in front of you with these huge eyes just watching you. .Thats why i never go in the basement when its completely dark. To keep it out of my room i have a little rosery on my door knob.

My mom feels the same way i do. She has not liked going in the bacement since she was little. So in order to get rid of the ghose my mom tried this little ritual with her friend to try and get rid of it but that didn't work. I think it made it worse.

When i got home the following day i found my rosery broken in three parts outside my door and there was this really weird ora that just made me feel really unsafe.

message 25: by Nite (new)

Nite (untangable) | 57 comments Really i believe in that stuff 2 I am friends with so very weird people and they are quit gifted at knoing all this stuff I mean i have 2 seen many paranormal entaties but I thought they were meroges until I saw one pick up my bar stool in my kitchen ^_^

message 26: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia (Sylvia22) | 18 comments Wind wrote: "Really i believe in that stuff 2 I am friends with so very weird people and they are quit gifted at knoing all this stuff I mean i have 2 seen many paranormal entaties but I thought they were merog..."

I agree. You know its hard to say this because a lot of people just look at you like you are crazy but there is this type of gift that runs in my family. It skips a generation and moves on the the next. My grandma wrote a gernal about how she would get weird feelings when she was alone in the basement and how she would get the feeling just every where she went. SHe called it a ghost locater.

She would get this feeling that a ghost is near her. And she could tell if it was nice or not. I guess i have that. I dont tell a lot of people.

It runs in my family like cancer does and sever acne. Weird.