The Reasons Why you wrote your book or books discussion

I wrote Why Hasn't He Called?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

because I spent waaay too many years asking all my friends this question after a guy took my number and never bothered to call back! I hope it helps other women realize that they are NOT to blame when a guy doesn't call!

Why Hasn't He Called?

message 2: by Steven, About The Author (last edited Mar 10, 2008 05:52AM) (new)

Steven | 65 comments Mod
Hi Tamsen, welcome to the group.

I recall some years ago when I served in the Royal Marines. A girl came upto me in "Boots Chemist" shop in Plymouth and said:

"Hello Steven, I thought you said you were going to contact me and arrange a night out together."

She was very pretty and intially caught me off guard. I tried hard to wrack my brains to remember where I knew her from. However, I think from the smile on her face she knew I must have had a little too much to drink when I'd met her previously and was unsure.

"Hello." I smiled amiably, trying to look like I remembered our previous encounter.

"You can't remember me, can you?" She smiled.

"Yes, yes of course I can." I responded." "How could I forget a beautiful woman like you."

"Why didn't you call?" She continued.

I smiled again, feeling I had the answer. "I'm very sorry but I'm afraid I mislaid your telehone number."

"I didn't give you my number." She answered confidently!!

I blushed slightly, feeling like I'd just been shot down in flames and also feeling a little embarrased as we parted company with a mutually warm smile!!

Cheers

Steve