2-3-4 Challenge discussion

2019 Series Challenge > 2019 Series Completed Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) | 7753 comments Mod
Let's continue this challenge in 2019 with the same goal of 300. While our individual goals may vary, everyone of us has a goal to complete at least one series in 2019.

Here's how it works. (You can’t join the challenge until January 1, 2019.)

1. You can find the challenge here or on our group home page.
2. After selecting the challenge, complete the information requested, including the number of series you plan to complete in 2019 (it says books here but for this challenge, think series). Where it asks for a shelf name, type in your profile name. Save the information.
3. Go to your shelf and edit "bookshelves." Type in "300 comp" (without the quotes) and then select "Add." This will be the shelf you'll use to track your progress (more to come). Note: This is the suggested shelf name. You can name yours whatever you want.
4. Return to the group home page and select "update my entry" and add the shelf name as follows: 300-comp (or whatever you named your shelf), all lowercase.
5. Click "Save."
6. You've now entered the challenge!

Now, how do you track your series progress?
Whenever you read the last book in a series that you now consider completed (not up to date), add that book to your 300-comp shelf. It will be included in the challenge results.

If the series appears to be complete (last book released some time ago, the story feels final, no word from the author about continuing the series, etc.), consider it complete. Otherwise, if there's some doubt, mark it up to date.

Last year, a few I'd tagged as up to date ended up being finished and vice versa. No need to change a previous year but if things change in the current year, you can always adjust.

I've also used the GR "Ask the Author" feature with some success. For example, Robyn Carr answered my question about Thunder Point, letting me know the series was over when no formal announcement was made.

We hope everyone will join!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1012 comments you now consider completed

Sometimes that's what makes my decisions. Some author don't know when to stop and the series has lost its appeal. For me it's thus ended. Is this permissible?

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Technically, no. You can remove the series from your shelf/series list. But it shouldn’t be counted as completing a series.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (MelissaSD) | 805 comments Can I use the same book shelves for 2019 that I used in 2018? Once I remove the current books in it , of course.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Do you mean the series list? If so, yes. I’m only going to change the name of the thread. You can archive your list and create a new one or just change the heading.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1012 comments Jonetta wrote: "Technically, no. You can remove the series from your shelf/series list. But it shouldn’t be counted as completing a series."

Thanx Jonetta for the clarification. I'll try not to be naughty.

message 7: by Sharmon (last edited Dec 31, 2018 04:19PM) (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 218 comments I hope to complete 3 series.

message 8: by Melissa (last edited Jan 01, 2019 08:16AM) (new)

Melissa (MelissaSD) | 805 comments I'm hoping to complete 3 series this year.

message 9: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 687 comments I want to complete 4 series.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2258 comments Mod
I am in and my goal is 5!

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1012 comments I'm in as well. My goal is 10. And that because I think I cheated a bit last year. Fingers cross as this is one a almost never manage to reach.

message 12: by Dana (new)

Dana | 15 comments My goal is 6 completed series:
2/6

1. Sheridan/Lowell (Jan)
2. Quincy/Rainy (Jan)