Kenyan book lovers discussion

lets add books.

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hiram (new)

Hiram Kamau | 4 comments Mod
hi all. am compiling a list of books that stand out for exceptional creativity, inspiring personal experiences with outstanding insights.

please be adding good suggestions and books in the bookshelf and we shall create a group that will take as all far.

message 2: by Sharon (last edited Nov 04, 2009 07:33AM) (new)

Sharon Ellis | 6 comments Greetings Hiram and all in the Kenya Book Lovers.
I wish to greet you as the Author of "Communions With Christ."
I sumbit this book - Communions With Christ by Sharon Ellis - as reading because the true testimony is an inspiring series of personal experiences and is full of the outstanding insights which the Lord Christ Jesus allowed me to have by holy Christian revelation in Him.
To the Lord be the Glory.
May the Kingdom of God continue to come to earth and may we each be so blessed as to meet Holy Spirit there.
I invite anyone to chat with me if you would like, to either now or as you read this book.
Sharon
Communions With Christ
GoHastings.com
http://www.amazon.com/communions-chri...
Target.com
Barnes&Noble.com

message 3: by Ekiago (new)

Ekiago | 5 comments Hi Brothers and sisters! we need to think of how we can begin a book club...an accountability programme, where we can meet possibly once a month say for those in Nairobi and look at what we are reading. I am currently reading...Retire Young Retire rich By Robert Kiyosaki. I recommend How to make Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelsaiti) | 1 comments Hi Ekiago,

I love reading and the idea of a club would be great. But as you think of one in Nairobi, think of how it can go country for those of us up country.

message 5: by Ekiago (last edited Aug 23, 2009 11:23PM) (new)

Ekiago | 5 comments Hi Angela?where are you? I had a club in Eldoret and it was doing fabulous. Want to get in touch with Nairobians then will get back to you.
can read my 2 blogs:
http://kiagomotivation.blogspot.com/
http://solutiononline-thepowerofinfor...

God bless

message 6: by Mel (new)

Mel Munyua | 3 comments Hola at a brother when you guys set up the book club, been dying to join one for years

message 7: by Betty (new)

Betty | 3 comments Semeni am so glad there is a Kenyan group now.I've been a member for about two years and to see this now is great!

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 6 comments Hi Hiram & all Book Buddies!
How are you each doing?
Here's a very nice and interesting interview to read:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2...

message 9: by Hiram (new)

welcome Betty!

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 6 comments HI Betty and Mel and everyone! Wishing all a happy week!

message 11: by Mel (new)

Mel Munyua | 3 comments what book are you reading? Sharon, had a splendid week thanks

message 12: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 6 comments HI Mel & everyone! I just got back from the sea side, where my husband and I went to sit by the ocean for three days to do the final editing on my second book manuscript. I felt so "Earnest Hemingway" sitting by the ocean - so beautiful - while I did my final read through on manuscript before submitting to my publisher.
So, I guess my answer is, I have been reading my own book! :) Big smiley face. I think that the subject is fascinating and riviting and very moving and hope that you will enjoy this read very much too. :)
Has anyone here read my first book Communions With Christ? I have a Group on line that you are all invited to join if you'd like, please come and make comments :)
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...

message 13: by Hiram (new)

hi all! welcome to a new decade! which books are you reading people?

message 14: by Ems (new)

Ems | 2 comments Hi Hiram an all!
Happy new year.
What ever happened with the book club idea???
As for what I'm reading now, just finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusask which is really a YA book, but it does stan out for me for creativity and insights.

message 15: by Hiram (new)

hi Ems, well about the book club idea, I think it might be a better idea if this group gained critical mass first, then the rest will surely follow.

I've just read a really great by an inspirational Irish novelist. it's called "Tara Road" written by Maeve Binchy.

Hey, I think i've seen a review of "The Book Thief", lemme dig it out, then see if i can lay my hands on it somwhere.

have a goodread, cheers!

message 16: by Betty (new)

Betty | 3 comments just finished Paulo Coelho's Eleven Minutes.Deep as usual.Happy New Year to you al.(I know it's a little late.)

message 17: by Mel (new)

Mel Munyua | 3 comments Fyi, they doing a movie for eleven minutes, should be interesting

message 18: by M.O. (new)

M.O. Kenyan (mo_author) I think I am the only contributor of 2012. please check out my book Shades of Spring 1964; Letters to my daughter.

www.mokauthor.wordpress.com

message 19: by Ciru (new)

Ciru | 2 comments Hello people, any chance of reviving this great group??? Communicate, thanks

message 20: by M.O. (new)

M.O. Kenyan (mo_author) hey guys i was actually looking forward to this book as an author from Kenya but I when i joined I noticed the last post was in 2009.
Maybe we should try and put together like an admin that frequents goodreads and is always online to update group members.
M.O. KenyanShades of Spring 1964: Letters to my daughter

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone, finally found a local group. Seems like home folk don't read too much, from the size of group but no fear, two's company, three is a crowd. I'm currently reading a bunch of books, maybe sharing what we are currently reading is a good place to start/continue. Creative Capitalism is what I have currently.

message 22: by Betty (new)

Betty | 3 comments Currently reading Beloved and The Famished Road.

message 23: by Victor (new)

Victor | 1 comments Currently reading - Predictably irrational by Dan Ariel

message 24: by Eric (new)

Eric (mugendi) | 1 comments Being as we're all online in some form or another, how about an ebook? Granted, paper books are an experience that can't be replicated on a screen, but ebooks make the sharing a lot easier.
Currently reading Starbook, by Ben Okri.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Eric, good idea. There are a bunch of great ebooks out there. Also, anyone hangout at StoryMoja, I saw they had some meet up at T Spot. Anyone with more info?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

@MO, same shocker here, finding the last post was three years ago, and after I had "joined the conversation" lol

message 27: by Krista (new)

Krista Joy | 1 comments What kind of phones do y'all have?

message 28: by M.O. (last edited Oct 27, 2012 09:22AM) (new)

M.O. Kenyan (mo_author) hey guys Free book the Mara Song on smashwords check it out.THE MARA SONG

message 29: by Ciru (new)

Ciru | 2 comments Wow.. I'm thoroughly impressed. How about a book club like i've been seeing guys in the West do here? They decide what book to read every month and meet up online to share their thoughts and sentiments. Not necessarily meet up, but by dropping comments. Then a discussion enhances. I'm sure, if we all agree to it and commit ourselves, we shall have something going on here. Thanks lovely ppl.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Great idea Cirú. But maybe we can start by just having everyone say hi and introduce themselves, say what genre they enjoy, etc. Unfortunately this group has inactive members. We should all invite our Facebook/Twitter friends to beef up the numbers.

message 31: by Felgona (last edited Nov 18, 2012 03:07AM) (new)

Felgona Adhiambo (diaratos) Hi I'm Diana(duh) :) and I'm currently reading An Equal Music by Vikram Seth and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I've also started on Women of the Silk by Gail Tsukiyama. I'm trying to pick out one that I'll be engrossed in the most. But I love them all so it's kind of hard to pick out just one.

message 32: by Merry (new)

Merry Mary (authormerrymary) | 1 comments Hi all,

Is the book club still vibrant? How can one join? I am a reader/writer. Currently reading The Journey by Brandon Bay.

message 33: by Victor (new)

Victor Muthoka (hundredpercent) | 9 comments 'ssup everyone. Just joined the group a few minutes ago. I try to review books i've read and the bookshelf thing is a good idea.
I'm a add books there, that i find interesting & unique. Graçias.

message 34: by Victor (new)

Victor Muthoka (hundredpercent) | 9 comments 'ssup everyone. Just joined the group a few minutes ago. I try to review books i've read and the bookshelf thing is a good idea.
I'm a add books there, that i find interesting & unique. Graçias.

message 35: by Victor (new)

Victor Muthoka (hundredpercent) | 9 comments 'ssup everyone. I just added a book, Legacy Road to the group bookshelf. A review on it is coming up asap. Hope whoever picks it up will enjoy it.

message 36: by Victor (new)

Victor Muthoka (hundredpercent) | 9 comments Sooo, i hope i'm not blowing your feeds up by adding books to the shelf. Finished a new book, Death Trap Death Trap by Sigmund Brouwer which is an interesting look at sci-fi. Hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

message 37: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Musawale (fictionist) | 1 comments Between Death and Heaven
Check it out. Its my new book but its brilliant if I do say so myself...Hiram wrote: "hi all. am compiling a list of books that stand out for exceptional creativity, inspiring personal experiences with outstanding insights.

please be adding good suggestions and books in the bookshe..."