Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Where Can I Promote My Book? > Stupid Web tracking...

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theodore (last edited Dec 19, 2018 07:42AM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments I was just out on The Jerusalem Post's Website, checking on the news in the Middle East, when an ad from Barnes & Noble popped up, featuring four of my books. Now, we all know that our movements on the Web are tracked, but this is ridiculous! Why would anyone (app developer, in particular) think an author is going to purchase copies of his own books, much less at retail?!

Dumb, dumber, dumbest!

message 2: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4600 comments Mod
lol, hahahah.

message 3: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1723 comments Theodore wrote: "I was just out on The Jerusalem Post's Website, checking on the news in the Middle East, when an ad from Barnes & Noble popped up, featuring four of my books. Now, we all know that our movements on..."

They don't know you're the author, just that you did something that looks like interest in those books. And you are interested in them. ;-)

message 4: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Dale wrote: "Theodore wrote: "I was just out on The Jerusalem Post's Website, checking on the news in the Middle East, when an ad from Barnes & Noble popped up, featuring four of my books. Now, we all know that..."

Yes, of course you are correct...it fits my "profile." See how dangerous all this online profiling is?!

message 5: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1723 comments But is it your good side? ;-)

message 6: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Dale wrote: "But is it your good side? ;-)"

Well, for my bad side, I browse using 'incognito' windows (;>)

message 7: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 320 comments Theodore wrote: "I was just out on The Jerusalem Post's Website, checking on the news in the Middle East, when an ad from Barnes & Noble popped up, featuring four of my books. Now, we all know that our movements on..."

oh, I get that for my book from B& N, the sad part is that the price has been reduced, they're probably sending me a message...

message 8: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Judy wrote: "Theodore wrote: "I was just out on The Jerusalem Post's Website, checking on the news in the Middle East, when an ad from Barnes & Noble popped up, featuring four of my books. Now, we all know that..."

Who knows what these retailers do with our books...and when?!

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread