Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Question about a reprint edition to add, that doesn't exist. What to do about cover?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 7 comments All right so I stumbled across this book Stalking Ground (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery #2) by Margaret Mizushima Stalking Ground Margaret Mizushima, at my local thrift store. Oddly enough it's a reprint/new edition. That is no where. I've been using every ISBN finding site.

Kind of found something. https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...

So I finally got smart and looked inside the book at the front-matter. It confirms this is a reprint November 2018. I tried looking on the publisher's site and the authors for this reprint. I'll add it since I have all the basic info right n my hands.

I guess I have a stupid question. For the cover should I just photocopy my book's cover? Or wait for a "legit" place to upload it?

I feel like I have a ghost book in my hands.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 7 comments Holly bookworms! The other book I bought with that one has the same issue. Except it really doesn't exist period. Death Among Rubies (Lady Frances Ffolkes #2) by R.J. Koreto Death Among Rubies by R.J. Koreto. This one is a new cover/edition as well. (Gorgeous new cover!)

Huh. I'm wondering if I have stumbled across editions that the general mass are not supposed to have yet?

message 3: by Emily (last edited Dec 18, 2018 10:09PM) (new)

Emily | 14420 comments That's not a stupid question. :-) Here's the part of the librarian manual that says it is ok to scan the book cover:
An individual user's scans or photos, taken of books they own or have in their possession, are also an acceptable source for cover images.
You can find it here:
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 7 comments Emily wrote: "That's not a stupid question. :-) Here's the part of the librarian manual that says it is ok to scan the book cover:
An individual user's scans or photos, taken of books they own or have in their p..."

Thank you. My eyes must have glossed over it. Phew.

Though I did notice that the new editions for first book of one of them is up. So maybe I should be patient before adding, or this is a green light I'm not blowing something.