What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #1)
This topic is about Night Play
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Shifter romance. I read the book at least four years ago. The hero is a wolf shifter who walks into a the heroines (who is a human) boutique/jewelry store. The heroine is insecure about her body and has a crappy family. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenna (new) - added it

Brenna | 4 comments I read the book a few years ago when I stole it from my moms colllection. Unfortunately she sold all her books. The book takes place in modern day. The hero walks into the human woman’s store and tells her he wants to buy a necklace. She tries it on to show it off. The end up having sex in the dressing room. He then figures out she is his mate (in this series the shifters have to have sex to see if they are mates) he leaves for a while. The human is insecure about her body she feels chubby and her sister is a beauty queen whose husband cheated on her. The heroine feels like if her sister can’t keep a man then neither can she. The book mentioned the heroine going on a shake diet. He hero likes how the heroine looks. It also had a back story of the hero fighting another man to have sex with a female shifter and he lost but the female shifter was so impressed she slepted with him anyway. The book ends with the hero proposing in a bar in front of his friends. Sorry the description is so long but I want to give as many details as possible.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35684 comments Mod
Breena, thanks for sharing those details. You never know which keywords or phrases will help when searching for books.

What is the hero's job? Who is he buying the necklace/jewelry for?

What's the location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 3: by Brenna (new) - added it

Brenna | 4 comments Thanks for responding kris. In the book The hero went in her store because he saw the heroine and thought she was beautiful, he picked out the necklace and had her try it one because he was flirting with her and in the end he bought it for her. She then asked to sleep with him and it surprised him because he thought humans we very uptight about sex. They ending up doing it in her stores dressing room. I don’t remeber His job but the book isn’t based in a city and I don’t think it was a small town it was somewhere in the middle.

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 820 comments Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon. One of her Dark Hunter series.Her ex arranges for all her stuff to be dumped outside her shop, and the hero pays the courier to take it up to her apartment.

message 5: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee (austhokie) | 623 comments yup - totally night play

message 6: by Brenna (new) - added it

Brenna | 4 comments You all found it, thank you so much I’ve been looking for this book for YEARS!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35684 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Brenna. Here's the link for Sue and Dee's find - Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Night Play (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sherrilyn Kenyon (other topics)