2019 Resolution Group discussion

Books > Reduce ARCS

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) This can be Netgalley, Edelweiss or any other ARCs you have.

I have many ARC goals I'll post those shortly.

message 2: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) I never get ARCs since I just joined Edelweiss and an not on any other sites. But I would like to improve my review writing skills and hopefully get some ARCs.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aly wrote: "I never get ARCs since I just joined Edelweiss and an not on any other sites. But I would like to improve my review writing skills and hopefully get some ARCs."

You should join Netgalley too! I am really good at helping people get ARC if you want pointers. ^-^

message 4: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "I never get ARCs since I just joined Edelweiss and an not on any other sites. But I would like to improve my review writing skills and hopefully get some ARCs."

You should join Netgall..."

Yes thank you!

message 5: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Dec 21, 2018 12:43PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Okay for Edelweiss:

1. Make your profile strong. To do this fill in all the 'links' you can with real stuff then put N/A for the rest. Like I think there's a facebook thing so I didn't put that and an instagram thing so I put N/A for that and still got excellent as a profile rating.

2. You can re-request. Don't do it too often as I think it annoys them but you can do it. Biggest difference besides user friendliness between it and Netgalley.

3. Check often. About 90% of the time you will get emailed but some publishers don't. So you might have books just sitting there.

Netgalley:

1. Blogs are really good and apparently instagram. (Just learned about the instagram part.)

2. Put as much 'good' stuff in your profile as you can. I will post my profile from both places as an example.

3. Try not to go crazy. Do what I say not as I do. lol.

4. Look at the emails carefully. They sometimes ask you to do specific things and you can get dinged if you don't do them. Also look at the publisher's preferences. Some don't allow for US and some don't allow for UK. Also there are other Netgalley sites besides the US one. :)

5. From Emm

It also helps at least for NetGalley to have reviewed several books in that genre (read-now books are especially helpful for this). For example if you have had top reviews or reviewed a lot of science fiction, sci-fi authors and publishers are more likely to choose you. I've reviewed a lot of poetry and manga so almost always get approved for those, but have gotten rejected for other genres that I haven't reviewed much.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Netgalley Bio:

https://booksirens.com/reviewer/BWUIJDK

Hi my name is bookbuyer and like my name I buy a lot of books. Chances are even if I get an ARC I will buy it if I liked it.

I only recently have switched to Ebooks so my ebook library is small and I’d like to make it as large as my physical collection which is about 3K.

I am a very active on goodreads averaging about 8-10 hours a day on there.

I also have a lot of international friends I chat with on there. From the UK, US and even New Zealand and Australia.

I am new to blogging but I am invested in trying to keep up with it. If you have any further questions for me feel free to email me at bookandanimelover@yahoo.com I check it several times a day so my reply should be prompt.

***This has gotten me 82 ARCs.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Edelweiss bio:

I review books mostly on Goodreads but I also have a Chapters and Kobo account I can post reviews to as well. I do have an amazon one as well but amazon is finicky. If I can post it there I will.

I have a very good reach on Goodreads. If you look at this profile you can see that I have helped almost 900 people on Goodreads. https://booksirens.com/reviewer/BWUIJ...

I have a relatively small blog following right now but I am promoting, promoting, promoting. If you are looking for reach Goodreads is a better source for now.

I have many international friends on Goodreads from the UK, Australia and New Zealand, and one from South America. I myself and Canadian so I can help promote to fellow Canadians.

***This has gotten me 36 ARCs.

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Yes I need to get my edelweiss and netgalley books read and reviewed more. Goal: to review a book for each site at least once a month. And no requesting new ones until I have turned in a review and max request per review is 2.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "Yes I need to get my edelweiss and netgalley books read and reviewed more. Goal: to review a book for each site at least once a month. And no requesting new ones until I have turned in a review and..."

Good goals!

message 10: by Emm - "That Book You Like is Coming Back in Style" (last edited Dec 21, 2018 12:39PM) (new)

Emm - "That Book You Like is Coming Back in Style" Bookbuyer wrote: "Okay for Edelweiss:

1. Make your profile strong. To do this fill in all the 'links' you can with real stuff then put N/A for the rest. Like I think there's a facebook thing so I didn't put that an..."

It also helps at least for NetGalley to have reviewed several books in that genre (read-now books are especially helpful for this). For example if you have had top reviews or reviewed a lot of science fiction, sci-fi authors and publishers are more likely to choose you. I've reviewed a lot of poetry and manga so almost always get approved for those, but have gotten rejected for other genres that I haven't reviewed much.

message 11: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Emm - Stories for Ghouls wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Okay for Edelweiss:

1. Make your profile strong. To do this fill in all the 'links' you can with real stuff then put N/A for the rest. Like I think there's a facebook thing so I ..."

I'll add that.

I pretty much only read YA or Sci-fi fantasy so I haven't tried to branch out much. :)