2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Extinguished (Titanium Security, #4)
This topic is about Extinguished
Extinguished > Question A

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
In the prologue, Blake shares a passionate kiss with Jordyn following her brother Jamie’s funeral. Both walked away from the situation with wrong impressions. Could either of them have handled the situation differently or were their emotions to raw to do otherwise?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments Blake didn't give either of them time to think about it, he ran away. Instead of talking he took off like a scalded cat. I think it scared him that Jordyn might feel for him what he feels for her. His excuse of "losing her friendship" was pathetic, at best.

Jordyn was beyond ecstatic that Blake might feel something for her and deeply embarrassed to think that is just wasn't true when he ran. Raw emotions or not, one of them should have picked up the phone and resolved this.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
I thought Blake ran because he felt he’d taken advantage of Jordyn’s grief. I don’t think it occurred to him that her feelings ran deeper. He ran out of guilt and shame.

Blake should have stayed and talked things out but apparently that had never been a strength. Not sure he would have believed Jordyn but she should have been given a chance to have a say.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments I get Blake's guilt, but his running wasn't the adult way to work through this.

Laura | 383 comments I believe it should have been Blake doing the calling. He was the one that ran away. Jordyn put her feelings into that kiss and Blake stopped it. The ball was in his court at that point.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments I agree, he should have called, but he didn't and Jordyn was left feeling a lot of guilt that she didn't deserve and wondering exactly what it meant to Blake.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 101 comments Blake should have stayed and talked things through but I can understand how he felt so guilty. Her brother, his friend, had just died, so in his mind, he never should have kissed her. The responsibility should have been Blake's to call her even afterwards.