Reading the Chunksters discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Chunksters Planning > Nominations for First New Chunkster of 2019!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dianne (last edited Dec 20, 2018 04:36AM) (new)

Dianne | 9 comments Hi! Let's start planning for our first new chunkster after cryptonomicon, to begin 2/1/19!

Please nominate any chunkster that is a classic, and you may also second a chunkster that you have not nominated. The first 5 seconded chunskters will make the poll. Happy nominating, and happy holidays!

Poll Winners!

1. Anna Karenina - Karen/Hugh/Taz
2. Daniel Deronda - Hugh/Roman Clodia
3. The Way We Live Now - Christopher/Linda
4. Jane Eyre - Lorna/Julie
5. Crime and Punishment - Jen/Dianne

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen O | 2 comments I'd like to nominate Anna Karenina. (Actually, I really want to read Moby-Dick, but I see that this group read it last January.)

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie | 83 comments I would like to nominate The Tale of Genji

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen | 52 comments I'd like to nominate Crime and Punishment - but I see it was a side read in 2011. Is that long enough ago to nominate it again?

message 5: by Hugh (new)

Hugh (bodachliath) | 189 comments Mod
I nominate Daniel Deronda, and will second Anna Karenina

message 6: by Roman Clodia (new)

Roman Clodia I second Daniel Deronda - my favourite Eliot and one I'm dying to re-read!

message 7: by Taz (new)

Taz | 8 comments I second Anna Karenina

message 8: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 81 comments I'm fine with these noms so far.

I nominate The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1378 comments I second The Way We Live Now.

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie | 33 comments Sneaks in to second Jane Eyre!

message 11: by Dianne (new)

Dianne | 9 comments Jen wrote: "I'd like to nominate Crime and Punishment - but I see it was a side read in 2011. Is that long enough ago to nominate it again?"

yep that's fine and I second!

message 12: by Dianne (last edited Dec 20, 2018 04:42AM) (new)

Dianne | 9 comments Wow these all look great - I'd be happy with any of them! We have our first five seconded noms so the nominations are now closed!

I'm happy to see the nominators represent those that I know will be committed to joining so I am going to try an experiment and handle a poll via thread vs sending out a blast message. I'll set that up now and it will run until midnight on new year's eve!

Once we have a winner I'll send the book announcement out via message to all group members.

Thanks to everyone for nominating and please make sure to vote!

also a HUGE thank you to Lorna who has been manning the fort while I have been doing the jobs of 3 people for the past few months. We are back to normalcy at work so I am back to you! Of course Lorna will stay the course as well!

Happy Holidays again and Happy New Year!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.